Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggesting a timer for the summoning shrine

PeaceKeeper123

Mission Suggestion: Cetus Bounty: Eidolon Hunt: Teralyst, Gantulyst, And Hydrolyst

TLDR: Suggesting a timer for the summoning shrine when the majority of shards are inserted. Remaining required shards are auto inserted in one minute.

In a recent group, three players in the four person squad wanted to summon the Eidolon Hydrolyst. Three clicked the shrine. Oddly one person was at the exit. That person refused to summon Eidolon Hydrolyst. The person wouldn't click the shrine AND wouldn't leave squad to let us take it down as three players. The one person didn't trust the "leave squad" function. It was extremely frustrating and time ran out. It's similar to when POE launched and the group couldn't leave the plains with rewards unless the entire group was at the exit. Everyone is held hostage by one person.

I suggest that when the majority of players put shards in the shrine that a one minute timer is displayed and starts counting down. A message can read "Shards will be auto inserted." When the timer is up, the required missing shards of "players who have not left squad" will be auto inserted regardless where the players are on the map. If they wanted to leave, they can use "leave squad" instead of halting the entire bounty midway. It's similar to the regular exit mission timer. Majority rules. Then the players that want to fight may do so. Currently when the majority of squad members want to summon, they can't do a thing if one person protests.

I think one issue to my idea is there was a physical design to the shrine island to not let the boss be summoned if lower Mastery Ranked players couldn't jump and reach the shrine and this auto-insert shard idea might bypass that design. But I think it's worth it to avoid one player derailing an otherwise eager squad and wasting everyone's time and wasting shards on this time limited bounty.

A second issue is players not looting the shard to auto-insert it. Some eager players accidentally miss them when looting. I think when the timer runs out, required shards that are not picked up will be taken from the ground and auto inserted for the player that missed it. Whoever stayed in the squad gets to continue the bounty. 

Please and thanks.

I personally only hunt with clan/alliance members and experienced hunters (when you see someone with like 20+ hydrolyst captures its less likely they would opt out of capturing another one if there is enough time) so never had that problem. But i most certainly SUPPORT THIS IDEA and i'm all up for it! :sentient: