Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on Boss Farming

DrAsmus

Thanks for the info Gestalt. I haven't found a puncture mod yet, I'll keep looking. I have been able to kill all the bosses I listed using the standard Mk1-Braton with multi-shot, fire rate and armor pierce mods.

They definitely fixed the turn to face bug on Hyena sometime before today, it now just spams shockwave when you attempt to stand close and you can't stand inside its hitbox like you used to or like with Jackal.

It seems nearly everyone simply bought a second warframe off the bat, I am waiting on account rank 2 because I have lost thousands of xp on crafting Ash while waiting at the level cap with Excalibur. So I guess I'll be able to take Vay Hek down no problem when I rank up and grab a Gorgon. What level did the armor puncture mods start showing up, does anyone know?

I like abusing the armor puncture mods to shoot through cover exactly as much as I like getting Tyl Regor stuck on a light, that is, none at all since it feels like bullS#&$ to abuse AI hitboxes and pathing, though it was extremely epic to melee kill Hyena that way.

I still am convinced that adding a 0.5 to 1 second delay on the shield recharge of bosses and nerfing the shield values a bit will really round out the gameplay on these bosses and then they can fix the pathing issues without making them impossible for anyone without puncture or a max Gorgon to kill.

Just realized you've been using Braton... that's actually doubly impressive, considering it's such a weak weapon compared to HEK or Gorgon or even Strun. And yeah, I think most people start farming their 2nd frame asap (Mag being easiest, since Nef Anyo is cake); you get 200 rank points per Warframe level, so it's soooo much easier to get rank if you're leveling a frame as well.

And I abuse the hell out of AI pathing. So that tells you a lot about my character XD

Dear OP, I'd just like to point out that I plan to solo every boss using my 20 Frost, or 30 Volt, and only melee and Waframe powers.

Video proof will be included. So far I've done the Jackal, Golem and Tyr Regor without exploits.

PFFFFT WAIFU! You make that sound so impressive, when in reality you're just gonna spam Prrty Prrty Snow Globe XD Can't wait til my Frost is done... 17 more hours.

Oh and I have quite a few puncture mods, I'll check what level they are once I've rebooted comp. Will get back to you, Asmus.

PFFFFT WAIFU! You make that sound so impressive, when in reality you're just gonna spam Prrty Prrty Snow Globe XD Can't wait til my Frost is done... 17 more hours.

Oh and I have quite a few puncture mods, I'll check what level they are once I've rebooted comp. Will get back to you, Asmus.

And what makes you think I'd do that?

LOL WTF @ Scindo leg chop spam on Jackal. Waifu if you successfully kill Hyena and Vay Hek with melee only I'll make you a brownie point billionaire. Playing Exalibur I melee kill every boss I can, but both Vay Hek and Hyena are absolute terrors in melee. Even with 920 shields going after Vay Hek in melee is still suicide because it takes exactly 7 shots to drop my shield and two more to kill me. That gives me the time he's knocked on the ground and about 3-5 seconds of him ripping my shield to bits with his shotty before I run like a little girl. Hyena is just as bad since the fix on his hitbox exploit. Now he infinitely spams shockwave while shooting you when within a certain range and occasionally throws in a shockwave grenade for good measure if you're getting all nimbly bimbly with your jumping.

LOL WTF @ Scindo leg chop spam on Jackal. Waifu if you successfully kill Hyena and Vay Hek with melee only I'll make you a brownie point billionaire. Playing Exalibur I melee kill every boss I can, but both Vay Hek and Hyena are absolute terrors in melee. Even with 920 shields going after Vay Hek in melee is still suicide because it takes exactly 7 shots to drop my shield and two more to kill me. That gives me the time he's knocked on the ground and about 3-5 seconds of him ripping my shield to bits with his shotty before I run like a little girl. Hyena is just as bad since the fix on his hitbox exploit. Now he infinitely spams shockwave while shooting you when within a certain range and occasionally throws in a shockwave grenade for good measure if you're getting all nimbly bimbly with your jumping.

I'm going after Hek right now, and I'll revisit him later and do the Furax challenge.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/9293-no-guns-no-team-mates-no-problem/#entry73531 <- Lets move this conversation to my ego-boosting thread, shall we?

What level did the armor puncture mods start showing up, does anyone know?

A cursory glance reveals that I have a lvl16 puncture mod with +3.5 puncture and a lvl19 one with +3.9 puncture. Both are blue quality and both are for rifles. So I imagine you can get them quite easily from 15-20 enemies. What Zythi said is true, as Uranus is about that level.

And what makes you think I'd do that?

What what the the f*** f***?!?! I'll never get that kind of timing and dexterity required for rolling in and out like that T___T (referring to Regar fight). I bet you can kill Phorid super easy without ever using spells...

What what the the f*** f***?!?! I'll never get that kind of timing and dexterity required for rolling in and out like that T___T (referring to Regar fight). I bet you can kill Phorid super easy without ever using spells...

Timing and dexterity? ~Giggle~

I just mashed the shift+direction button when I saw him wind up.

Phorid might be next. You can see all the video links on my thread.

Timing and dexterity? ~Giggle~

I just mashed the shift+direction button when I saw him wind up.

Phorid might be next. You can see all the video links on my thread.

Nice thread and nice videos :3

Guess I'm too old school of an fps player. Crazy wall jumps are ok, but damn, shift key being sprint AND roll? FML.

still haven't found any puncture mods, how rare are they?

Well if it means anything i have 4 total multishots and 9 punctures (from 3.1 to 7.1). Its hard to tell with randomness of the loot, but i hope that ratio helps you.

Note: from my inventory they are exclusively Blue colored mods (as is multi)

Edited by Indiscipline