Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

'Occupying' an Online Level

Mesterio

So today I tried to play the Venus-Kilikan defense map. But there was some guy who was sitting in the map starting area in online mode. So i tried to start the level without him, but apparently that doesnt work. I walked to the middle of the Defense room and all over the place. No level start.

So heres a problem: Someone goes and decides to troll anyone who wants to play that map in multiplayer and no one can do it together without private partying. Not a huge issue, but it doesnt let people join any games in progress until that guy leaves.

I would hope the devs input a way to either /Ignore or Never join an online game with someone on a personal "Avoid" list. Either that or give us the option of starting our own online levels for any map, seperate from the ones already running; Instead of always auto-searching. That way other players can join someone who is NOT afk and unable to progess.

A third option would be to put an AFK timer on online games so that people will get kicked it they dont move for over 5-10 minutes.

He's still there. His name is Spiceknight. Just sitting in the first room.

Edited by Mesterio

My point is this is a multiplayer game. I have fun doing the maps with other people, and having the maps i need done blocked by someone who ISNT playing is annoying and counterproductive to enjoying that. If this were a job I'd say otherwise but its not.

So today I tried to play the Venus-Kilikan defense map. But there was some guy who was sitting in the map starting area in online mode. So i tried to start the level without him, but apparently that doesnt work. I walked to the middle of the Defense room and all over the place. No level start.

So heres a problem: Someone goes and decides to troll anyone who wants to play that map in multiplayer and no one can do it together without private partying. Not a huge issue, but it doesnt let people join any games in progress until that guy leaves.

I would hope the devs input a way to either /Ignore or Never join an online game with someone on a personal "Avoid" list. Either that or give us the option of starting our own online levels for any map, seperate from the ones already running; Instead of always auto-searching. That way other players can join someone who is NOT afk and unable to progess.

A third option would be to put an AFK timer on online games so that people will get kicked it they dont move for over 5-10 minutes.

He's still there. His name is Spiceknight. Just sitting in the first room.

Yes I have been having problems with this especially with people who are overseas or lagging really bad and are aweful hosts and being forced to group with them over and over even when I leave the group, and the only way not to group with these bad people is going offline and playing alone solo or in private which is not cool.

Edited by Apothis

just go to solo

So sick of the people who are ruining the game on purpose saying this exact thing, the people who want to rush in front and kill the the entire map alone tell everyone else to go solo when we ask them to slow down, or have some respect for other players and this is the same smart &#! answer I hear over and over from these same people who are the ones who should be OFFLINE or SOLO.

Most of us play this game online to play with other REAL GAMERS, not stuck up little trolls who care nothing about teamplay but taking away from the other players, this game needs a block mode so badly its not even funny, so we can weed out these people who are the real ones who should not be online , also needs to be a way to block vulgar voice com players, so sick of listening to 12 year old kids cursing and being beligerant over voice.

This is the catch all troll respons to everything when they are doing wrong.

Edited by Apothis

Some people click it and wait for a squad then go AFK or out of game. I know I've done this a few times, and I'm sorry if it was with any of you, but I just can't hear warframe over my music. Also, some people might not even have their sound on and be out of the game.

Just trying to provide a bit of a different perspective.

Game just needs a vote-kick system or something, afk players don't count.

Or a timeout thing.

Or let you start things without the whole party present.

Or something.

Granted, I don't think starting a name and shame thread on the forums is the best way to go about it.