The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equipping my Rhino (this time secondary and melee)

Kelpie77

Question

Hi everyone
disclaimer: i don't do endless 250+ survival mission; the most complicated i do is sortie and occasionally i try to do eidolon

Some time ago i asked some suggestion about how to build and equip my main warframe, a Rhino (i really love my Rhino :inlove:)
Now he's using a good build with Ironclad Charge and Iron Shrapnel, coupled with a Vaykor Hek modded around crit.
I'm still tuning him, i still need some mods but i know the direction and what i need to found.
Basically i use him to hold the point, rhino charge large group of enemies, exploding armor to ragdoll/cc them and recast again. Roar if i have enough energy to spare (and if i remember... :sadcry:) ad Stomp if there are a lot of enemies i need to block quickly (ie to ress a mate or to avoid capture an antenna on interception)

Vaykor Hek works fine for crowd control/close combat 'cause it does a very good damage to lvl 50-80; i only have a bit problem with lvl 80-100 sortie mission but i still need to pimp it (need endo for the mods :awkward:and probably one more forma) so i guess is just a matter of time before it could be good also against lvl 100

However, i need to work about the complementary weapon, ie secondary and melee.
At the moment i use Twin Grakata and Dragon Nikana.
Dragon Nikana is cooooool, and i like a lot how she goes with large swing, smooth and elegant; i don't need a very quick weapon because Vaykor Hek and Rhino's abilities are good for close combat situation, but i found myself using a lot the quick melee while hek is out of ammo: most of time i use 8 ammo from shotgun to dispatch 1-2 enemies in a row but someone stay alive with low life, so i quick melee to finish him and then recharge the primary. Dragon Nikana is good for it but lacks of power to be useful safe from finishing maneuver or quick dispatch. Also, going full melee is not a good option 'cause is not so good against lvl 80+ and also against lvl 60 it lacks a lot (i use Blind Justice, so for you to know)

I just leveled up to 30 the Galatine Prime, and waiting for a catalyst to be built; i'm thinking about trying it... how to build it?
i'm working toward critical damage so probably i'll try using all the mod i got for crit damage [[Cleaving Whirlwind for stance, then Pressure Point, Primed Reach, Organ Shatter, Fury, Gladiator Rush & Might, True Steel]]. Probably i'll try to get hold of a Blood Rush or some nice derelict mod i always feel missing :|
What do you thihnk about?

As for secondary weapon, Twin Grakata cover the medium range and help me quickly dispatch nullifier's bubble (my nemesis!!) but lack of real power and it drains the ammo very quickly so is worth only for a "little" 200 round burst before going on reload.
Dunno what can i swap them for; i don't use a lot of secondary weapon (apart from the ones i level up for mastery). The only few i use a bit more are
- Knell; i found that funny but not really useful 'cause my aim is a complete S#&$ and i don't place enough headshot for the knell to be useful
- Zakti: it's very funny in the dual wield combo with Orvius (i use on another warframe for fun in eidolon) but dunno if it could be really useful for high level enemies...

So, again... what do you suggest?
searching for a better secondary weapn for mid range (and to dispatch the ones i can't go too close like the terrifying nullifier) or tweak grakata to be useful for this role?

thank you for your advice!!

3 answers to this question

Zakti can be extremely useful as the stun can let you do melee finishers which can really do a lot, personally one of my favorite secondaries, very good for close range, decent at medium, and it can do some significant damage to nullifier bubbles, and the short reload time doesn't hurt.

and yeah, building your galatine for crit damage sounds like a decent idea, especially with the gladiator mods.

20 hours ago, pokeyoface said:

Zakti can be extremely useful as the stun can let you do melee finishers which can really do a lot, personally one of my favorite secondaries, very good for close range, decent at medium, and it can do some significant damage to nullifier bubbles, and the short reload time doesn't hurt.

and yeah, building your galatine for crit damage sounds like a decent idea, especially with the gladiator mods.

Ok thanks
yesterday i did a try and used while leveling my newly-bought chroma at Akkad. On the first few wave there was'nt enough enemies to start accumulating combo, but at higher waves i found hitting 45k or 78k crit. Yellow crit. And i got no Blood Rush... so yeah it's a very good weapon :cool:
now i need to swap fury per Gladiator yellow mod (don't remember the name, so i need to farm cetus bounties to get them) and ofc Blood Rush...

Ok this is the Galatine Prime build i made
stance -> Cleaving Whirlwind
mods -> Jagged Edge, Blood Rush, Gladitor Might, Gladiator Rush
              Pressure Point, True Steel, Fury, Primed Reach
it works fine but need a good amount of enemy hit before starting doing orange crit; probably is better against large number of low level enemies than against few strong ones?:awkward:
i should/could try using that in low level survival/defense with my valkyr prime + infinite war augment, to see how much damage i can bring on

For my Rhino i use this build
aura -> Energy Syphon
exilus -> Power Drift
mods -> Steel Fiber, Vitality, Intensify, Flow
              Armored Agility, Ironclad Charge, Iron Shrapnel, Streamline
i will try swapping armored agility for Gladiator Aegis, that give same armor bonus (+45%) but not the sprint buff; however it synergise with other Gladiator mods in the Galatine for more crit chance on combos

Just to give you the complete picture, those are the other weapons i have in the build
this is the Vaykor Hek
mods -> Primed Point Blank, Primed Ravage, Blunderbass, Shotgun Ammo Mutation (rank 1)
              Chilling Grasp, Vigilante Offense, Vigilante Fervor, Vigilante Armaments

this is the Twin Grakata
mods -> Pistol Ammo Mutation, Hornet Strike, Augur Pact, Pistol Gambit
             Scorch, Lethal Torrent, Frostbite, Quickdraw (rank 2)

I got also Primed Pistol Gambit but not yet used 'cause i will need to forma the grakata and i'm not really confident of them, so i whant to know if it's better use