Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sgt. Nef Anyo, You Never See Him!

holdenagincourt

Not because he can turn invisible, funnily enough. Rather, because he always gets one-clipped by the first Tenno to rush to his location, leaving anyone one or two rooms behind to wonder where the boss drops went as the extraction timer ticks down.

Look, Nef Anyo has needed a buff for a really long time...way more than Lech Kril, even going back to early U7. His shields and health need to be hugely increased, as does his armor, and he should have toned-down weaknesses relative to normal crewmen. Maybe give him something to stick it to the Tenno, like Volt's Shock power.

Thanks for taking my feedback into consideration, DE.

Posted Today, 01:34 AM

Currently, Nef Anyo is the weakest boss of them all, but i think i have a surefire way of making him an interesting and fun boss

Phase 1:

Nef Anyo is protected by a shield, protecting him from all shots. He will fire down on you as you have to make your way up to him

Phase 2:

This is where things get interesting, Nef Anyo will hide in storage containers, and you have to find the right one, these containers respawn too. Anyo has traps set in some of the containers so you have to be observant (There will be hints, not huge ones, but ones big enough that an observant player can find). Once found he can be damaged, but that doesn't mean he won't try to kill you, he's armed with a Spectra and Heat Dagger (I think a Dagger fits his theme) to take you out, he also won't flail when hit with electricity. After enough damage he cloaks and runs away to hide again, Resetting the traps. If you don't spot him, Anyo comes out of nowhere to shoot you in the bum.

Phase 3: (This is an optional thought, DE can ignore this if they so choose)

Anyo's had enough of your crap, so he calls a Jackal and some drones to help him out. Anyo gets on top of the Jackal and will start shooting from the top of the Jackal with his Lanka.  Anyo can throw grenades from there, and shoot you with his railgun. Jackal retains his move set. Killing Jackal forces Anyo to fight one on land with only a Railgun, but you don't have to kill Jackal.

If Jackal is down, you can melee Anyo, which in this form, does more damage to him than your guns.

Edited by BoompigXD

I'd probably try to make the fight with Anyo more like the boss fight against The End in Metal Gear Solid 3. Of course, for something like that to work, Anyo's tile would have to be twice as big, allowing him to engage Tenno at range. He would also need some kind of physics shove move to knock Tenno back that try to get too close, which could encourage players to break out the Snipetrons and have a long ranged duel.

Anyo is pitiful to fight. I often one shot him with weapons I just recently got. Heck I think I've even one shot him with a few melee weapons. However his Lanka is absurdly powerful if you let it hit you. It does like 800+ damage I think. Hard to tell, the only time I've actually been hit by it in 20 something runs, it one shotted my Nova.

He is the easiest boss in the game by a very wide margin, with only possibly Tyl Regor coming close due to how easy it is to stunlock Tyl with the right mod setup. I think Nef and Tyl are also the only two bosses in the game that play a panic animation if set on fire.