Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Playing as the enemies

hexame

Hm well you could make a asychonous game mode where you play as dungeon land style of one guys is a controlling the baddies? Well it might work but it would require quite a bit of work on the Devs side that might not really make it worth it. Though lore wise you could set it up as elder Tennos setting up senarios for those whom are just out of the cryo tubes.

Your suggestion, Eclectic, would require that they design almost a brand new game as it would require an rts style ui, control scheme, and game system. I don't see that as being viable considering the man hours it would take from the base game.

A mode where you play as an enemy (basically identical to a warframe, but you play as say, a Napalm grineer) might work but I have a feeling it would be quite boring. Beyond the base shooting their guns and one extra behaviour (in the grineer case, grenades) you wouldn't really be able to do much. The enemies aren't acrobatic, they don't have a varied list of skills, and they are usually very weak by themselves.

A mode where you play as an enemy, basically identical to a warframe, but you play as say, a Napalm grineer. Beyond the base shooting their guns and one extra behaviour in the grineer case, grenades.
That's what i meant. Edited by hexame

It seems like it would be incredibly boring. Kind of like if all your Tenno could do is either: Shoot their base gun, throw grenades, and do a really clumsy melee ability. No special skills, no dodging, no wall running, no acrobatics.

I don't think it would be very entertaining, kinda like a cheap generic 3rd person shooter. Alot of the fun of Warframe in my opinion comes from the concept and the badass ninja abilities like wall running, slicing people apart and special powers built into your suit. Not to mention the Tenno are much more mobile in combat, even when shooting while the Grineer are much more stationary and cover based.