Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making Archwing Awesome

ljmadruga

Ok so Archwing was a cool idea in concept, but not so much in practice.

Here are some basic problems with archwing as of right now.

1- There is no brake. It is virtually impossible to stop or maneuver quickly especially in that dreaded archwing Interception on Uranus

2- As a gamemode, it’s poorly integrated into the game. Archwing missions are mostly there as a side note, as opposed to something that supplements warframes on foot.

3- When it is somewhat well integrated, it’s not worth using. Using Archwing as a combat tool on POE is a huge pain in the arse because of yet another clunky flying mode (sky wing), inconsistent skyboxes, and the fact that you can be shot down in an instant by snipers, and it’s consumable.

4- It takes AGES to get good mods on an Archwing. This is due to the fact that all of the mods usually come from 2-3 major drop sources, leading to drop tables so diluted that water tastes stronger. This also indirectly results in the Jordas Golem being  a pain in the arse to fight.

Solutions

QOL Improvements

1- The ability to tie Archwing loadouts with our warframe loadouts. I can’t tell you how many times I accidentally went into JV (rip raids) with my Itzal when I preferred to have my Amesha. Same thing happened the other way around when I went eidolon hunting (before I just gave up after the doors wouldn’t open forcing me to lose all my shards)

2- Pressing a key in the opposite direction of your momentum decelerates the player to a complete stop in 1 second.

3- New segment that can be bought from the market/clan dojo/wherever that when built allows for unlimited archwings with a 30 second cooldown between being shot down to calling the next Archwing.

4- The Archwing charge no longer applies immediately. Instead, the player will enter Archwing in the next bulletjump where applicable. It also acts similar to Gara’s 2 in that an Archwing can now be given to another player without having to worry about someone accidentally stealing it (Grand theft Archwing) by targeting another player. If no target is present, it applies to the player.

General Mission improvements

1- Shielded Dargyns are bullcrap. They are completely invulnerable from the front which would normally be fine if they didn’t have hairpin reaction times that cause them to always be facing you. The reaction times should be raised or there should be a damage threshold on that shield that causes it to break.

2- Spawn counts are total garbage especially in the more open tile sets. This is actually a problem that’s alleviated in the Corpus tile set because the more restricted spaces offset the lack of spawns.

3- All Archwing melee should have an innate lifesteal to keep the player alive.

Rush Improvements (The gamemode that you forgot about on Phobos)

1- Reduce the distance that must be travelled in this mission. Even when I’m being extremely careful not to get too close to the anchors and bump into walls I still don’t have enough time to destroy the ships.

2- Destroying all the ships should award a drop from all of the rotations. At current it only rewards a drop from Rotation C of all ships are destroyed.

Pursuit Improvements (The gamemode that you forgot about on Saturn)

1- This gamemode is actually kinda fine, but the cargo ship should probably slow down a few notches because it flies as fast as the Millenium Falcon at times. Also, the placement of the first weakpoints that must be hit is atrocious especially with their tiny hit boxes.

Interception Improvements

1- A brake on the Archwing itself would help this entire gamemode a lot.

Mobile defense Improvements

1- This mission type can’t be called “mobile defense” if there aren’t any enemies to defend against.

NEW MISSION

Hybrid Interception

Story: the Grineer armada is unleashing a relentless assault on X planet targeting Y civilization. The shield protecting the civilization is the last line of defense and the grineer are trying to take it down.

Gameplay: It’s essentially Interception but all of the 4 towers are spread out in space making traveling on foot impossible. It is possible to jump between the towers by parkouring via the asteroids or using certain warframe abilities, but the main intended form of transport is Archwing.

Throughout the mission, the grineer will send in dropships to take over the towers that must be destroyed.

A fifth tower controls an anti-aircraft network that does not directly contribute to mission progress, but it will give hell to the enemy of whichever side takes over.

Edited by ljmadruga