Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some thoughts about the Corpus

Number1331

I've heard recently that there's plans in the future for a Venus Open World Map, which I presume is will be populated with Corpus forces. With that in mind, I have a few things to say.

First off, I'm assuming that DE isn't gonna reinvent the wheel with this map when they get around to it, as far as the formula goes for enemies. That said... I think we'll need to see a new kind of Corpus air transport, a light, unarmed vehicle analogous to the Grineer Firbolg. Because while it would make sense for Corpus to have dropships, it would complicate matters if they were only using Condors. I'm thinking having this light transport for lower level events, and have Condors show up mainly in higher level areas.

Second, still on the topic of troop delivery, I'd like to see the Corpus making use of their teleporter tech. Similar to how in Corpus invasions mission you can find active portals that will transport you to another part of the map, and how Sniper Crewmen can toss those pads to warp in Ratels, I'd like to see that Corpus create portals on the battlefield to deploy units in some cases, as opposed to how the Grineer will sometimes call in troops via drop pods.

On my final note, taking into account the things I've just said, I think it may be possible, if not strictly necessary, to update Invasion missions in some cases. I just think it would be kinda cool to get the sense of a larger battle taking place, with both sides delivering troops by both air transport and precision deployment (drop pods and portals). Not applicable in all cases, I know, but a nice detail for those it does apply to.