Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Content/Mission Concept] Bringing High Level Content to the Digital/Datascape Tileset {In Response to the Absence of Trials}

FoxFX

INTRODUCTION

llIO29Ne4wJWES3bQNEb783_cgk0Hu8YkSEKFe5lyZaIByAiU6i65ZJ5FFlkhprGmUz8t1Xun3uiKwaqOaQWMQKfFt6Q_34ZC4SmlNLR8chhUvAK_iuaiNiHq5tgneeSssaKa_fg

Below is the link to the document with details about this concept. I have allowed the document to be commented on if you so desire.

LINK TO THE DOCUMENT

Around 2 years ago, I made one Fan Concept called The Stronghold which originally aimed to suggest using the tile set of the Simulacrium as a base for a new challenging content. With the absence of Trials, I though of reworking and bringing back the core idea of this idea. While this concept cannot replace the experience players had with the Trials, I feel that this could be a nice twist if the opportunity could arise.

Brief Storyline

For years, mimeographs of entities escape Simaris's Sanctuary with no clue as to how they break free...until now. Deep in the Sanctuary lies a digital nexus called the "Vagrant," housing the digital copies of the most dangerous and powerful beings in Simaris's collection and many of them are bosses defeated by the hands of the Tenno. With their presence, these "Faults" may one day free more Synthesis escapees.

Simaris sends the Tenno to venture deep in the digital realm of the Sanctuary into the Vagrant to intercept these viruses. But be forewarned. The rules in the digital plane are not the same as the world you commonly fight in missions.

You are fighting in a different world, and under different rules now.

Brief Gameplay Features

• A 1-4 player content where players will venture randomly generated digital maps of the Vagrant daily
  • Exclusive Eximus units only found in the Datascape. There are more enemy tricks to be seen unlike those Synthesis Targets
  • A modular map system which can allow players to choose how difficult they want their experience with this content to be. For each map node traveled, the difficulty grows. The greater the difficulty, the greater the end reward will be.
  • Unlock specific map nodes through completing required nodes or through discovering secrets within the mission themselves.
  • Inventory Quickslot replaced with a new system which keeps collections of "passcodes" needed to materialize special fragments of caches in the digital plane.
  • New missions inspired by certain Mastery Rank tests
  • Complete each Vagrant run by defeating the main boss. Discover unique Vagrant missions controlled by bosses you never fought before and some you only happened to fight only once.

FEEDBACK THREAD ON POTENTIAL OF THE DATASCAPE TILESET FOR FUTURE WARFRAME CONTENT

LINK TO THE DOCUMENT DETAILING EVERYTHING SO FAR

I have allowed the document to be commented on if you so desire.

LINK TO THE DOCUMENT

Edited by FoxFX
  • Like 1

I'd like to know soon if such a mission concept I have presented here would be better suited with level 80+ enemies. Originally, this mission content started with 30+ to have a tutorial variant of the concept which then would escalate to 60+ for the higher variants.

• Like 1

EXPANDING ON PARKOUR AND REASONING TO UTILIZE THE DATASCAPE/SIMULACRIUM TILESET

s7VurKZg.jpg

I strongly believe that the recent content we had has not fully tested the mobility of the Warframes like the tileset of the Datascape does. For an endgame content, I feel delivering a few sections of parkour areas would feel much more fluid in this particular concept than in the usually missions we daily partake in Warframe.

I also found the missions in the Mastery Rank Tests have shown a great job in testing the parkour capabilities of players, but that does not mean this idea suggests on following the exact same mission styles or to force a lot of parkour into it.

This unique digital tileset itself allows extra freedom for players to toy around with some amazing strategies and playstyles for their Warframe. In addition, there is a lot more freedom for [DE] and level designers to come up with a great and wilder degree of objectives for players to try out.

POSSIBILITIES FOR A NEW BOSS BATTLE TYPE

maxresdefault.jpg

While the majority of the Hunhow boss fight involving jumping on platforms may feel a bit too conflicting, I see the idea of fighting such a huge boss in a 1-4 player squad to be something that we can exploit for possible future Sentient bosses.

In relation to this concept, I imagined the mimeographs of past Sentients could be added into the Vagrant as exclusive bosses. [DE] did a great job conveying the presence of how powerful Hunhow could be during this scene. I just feel that the battle itself should be changes and the platform gimmick in it should be redone to something else if they wish to add in a fight like this to a concept presented here.

Especially like the idea of a warframe from the datascape "Digit" as u named him\her.would be great to so see a cephalon\mecha type warframe that (as u said "story where a Warframe was fragmented and drifted into the Datascape") drifted into cephalon's datascape world and got lost in the weave (As revealed in the Octavia's Anthem quest, Cephalons share a degree of data-connection to one another via this medium referred to as "the Weave") and woke up again when hunhow invaded suda's datascape!!.

ooh....i feel astory building up in my mind :clem:

6 hours ago, -Bv-HellfireMaximus said:

Especially like the idea of a warframe from the datascape "Digit" as u named him\her.would be great to so see a cephalon\mecha type warframe that (as u said "story where a Warframe was fragmented and drifted into the Datascape") drifted into cephalon's datascape world and got lost in the weave (As revealed in the Octavia's Anthem quest, Cephalons share a degree of data-connection to one another via this medium referred to as "the Weave") and woke up again when hunhow invaded suda's datascape!!.

ooh....i feel astory building up in my mind :clem:

The story is still in progress.

I am just in the middle of collecting some visuals to show here in the forums and in the document.

WIP STORYLINE FOR POSSIBLE "DATASCAPE" WARFRAME

shattered-minds-martin-newman.jpg

Image from Fine Art America

In the golden times, we Cephalon were reborn from a time once our own. Our golden masters gave us a home to dwell in, to observe, to direct the flow of information...the Datascape. A digital nexus which we find comfort in our newfound forms.

Then the Sentient came and they dominated every aspect of our master's technologies...our home...our Datascape invaded by these perverse mistakes. To protect ourselves and the information in the Datascape, the golden rulers found a new weapon...Digit.

Unlike the many suits that were made before, it was capable of mastering the arts of Synthesis. It was capable of materializing things from the Datascape and digitizing others. It battled the Sentient invaders in our homes...it was our hero.

One day, the Sentient launched a powerful onslaught; this one would not last without casualties. Digit...our savior...why did you sacrifice yourself that day? We lost you in the very bits of data you vanished into. One day...our hero...we will find your remnants...we will bring you back.

Edited by FoxFX
  • Like 1

I'd like to address the idea of this concept in a feedback article discussing how the Datascape tileset could be a very useful scenery to use for future Warframe content. If possible, I think this could be a good basis for a content that would be similar in challenge like the Trials.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2018 at 6:22 PM, (PS4)Fairfied said:

Sounds cool, any addition of content targeted for endgame would be welcome. 

Especially with the setting this concept presents.

For the time being, I am prepping up a Feedback Thread in topic of the Datascape tileset.

Well i think it would be nice to have more sentient enemy types introduced but on the other hand they could turn out to be too powerful since it takes quite some effort to kill 3-4 normal sentient fighters in lua and if the enemies are to be "high level" then in the new concept.....then it could become quite bothersome to kill (say lvl 70-80)sentients while trying to completing objective in a high level tileset.

As of now, preparing a concept for an event in the Plains and another area based on an actual event. It will have some heavy involvement with Hunhow.

Will work with this while there has not been much talk nor feedback on the idea of using the Datascape more for future content in Warframe.

Edited by FoxFX
  • Like 1

Another idea has occurred to me to have the "Datascape" act as a unique Mission Mode for specific tilesets where players can invade enemy computer interfaces and take on new challenges to obtain extra info on them. I am not sure as to how this would work out due to lack of feedback on this particular idea.

• Like 1

DATASCAPE RAID MISSION MINI-PROJECT

For a while now, I have been thinking of implementing a mini-concept within this one to think up a new endgame-like content within the Datascape world of Warframe. I rather not suggest which rewards this concept would offer yet, but there is a definite possibility of giving players the challenge and fun due to how much you can do with this digital world tileset.

For the time being, I will be working on a few excerpts of Datascape Raid Missions mostly for as many planets that I can try.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have plans being made to post an Event/Operation concept I've made in reddit to bring here to the forums. As soon as I get a few things changed around, I hope to also continue on this idea I have made.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

A new version of this is in the works. The lore behind it will involve a possible addition to the Sanctuary of Cephalon Simaris. Details on the storyline and some new changes to this concept will be first made in reddit then posted here on the forums in another date. For now, if there is no other feedback, I will have to consider this version concluded.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...