The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unable To View Videos

Magicfingers

Question

ok...for some reason for the last 2 or 3 days i've been unable to view videos on the forum. all i see is an empty spot where the video should be. as far as i know, nothing has changed on my pc...all the settings are the same...i don't think anything updated without my knowing it...it just suddenly quit working and i am at a loss. been trying google to find out a fix for this, but all i find are concerning the youtube web site. i've tried most of the stuff that was suggested for that and still nothing. if anyone has an idea of what the problem is, or are experiencing it also, please let me know.

5 answers to this question

Idk about you, but there's a little pop-up on the bottom of my screen that asks me if I want to show all content. Clicking yes allows the video to appear.

i don't get that pop-up. until a couple days ago i never had a problem watching videos, then for some reason they just quit showing up. i don't have this problem on any other site i've been to...just warframe

alright...found out what to do while reading another thread on this problem....i know, i know...i shoulda searched before making a post....anyways problem solved...thanks to everyone for the help

Edited by Magicfingers

it seems that Firefox 23 has a very annoy­ing new feature. mixed content block­ing that will not let videos show (the problem i was having). i found out how to disable this feature by searching for "disable mixed content blocking in firefox". this is what i found...

in the address bar type:

about:config

then search for

security.mixed_content.block_active_content

double click it to turn it off.

source of information:http://cloudplasma.co.uk/2013/08/disable-mixed-content-blocking-in-firefox/

thanks to doing this i now have no problems seeing the videos that get posted.