Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Secondary For MR8

(XBOX)KAIKAI0904

Question

9 answers to this question

21 hours ago, (XB1)KAIKAI0904 said:

so im mr8 and the only good secondary i have is the lex prime i need a new one because it doesnt fit my build, im a tank/focus farmer

Before Shrines I'd say Aklex (multishot, fire rate crit and pure damage build) , it rips through high level enemies. Before Aklex I used stuff like the Azima (100 day login reward) (Multishot + Firerate + corrosive build). Shrine really screwed up the MR requirements and there's not really any good weapons that I would recommend for MR 8 while I was at that rank, since all the weapons I used got a MR change (Dual Grakatas, Ballistica Prime,  etc.)

Edited by (XB1)Spartan Roks

Honestly the secondaries that are MR8 and below are mostly lackluster.  I recommend that you don't focus on any of them and instead always be carrying a new secondary that you haven't mastered yet.  That is a reasonably quick way to grind your mastery up to MR10 and that gives you access to more options that are much more viable for high level content.

"Shrines" is referring to the "Shrines of the Eidolon" update, which greatly increased the MR requirement for many weapons (a few ridiculously so. Looks at Aklex Prime)

The "Dual Stat" mods refer to a set of rare-quality mods (gold) that give 60% elemental damage and 60% increased status chance. They come in all four flavors (Heat, cold, electricity, and toxin) and for all weapon types (Rifle, Shotgun, Pistol, melee), so 16 total. In this case, it refers to Frostbite, Scorch, Jolt, and Pistol Pestilence. 

Edited by DustyScrolls