Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nosam Cutter Augments

KayAldren

In the plains of eidolon update we were introduced to fishing and mining. As with fishing, once you select your spear from the radial gear menu, it then opens a "sub menu" while the spear is in use. In the cutters sub menu I propose the option of being able to select different minerals and gems to help find the one or two your looking for. Too often its found that any time one needs a gem or minerals for a blueprint they need to make a trip to the plains. Only to have to spend a long time searching for the right gem or mineral. By introducing subsequent "Augments" per cutter tier or just make specific mineral detector mods for them, It would add more content for one. As well as offering the player a way to help search for what they need, rather then leaving it to chance on what you get. In the realm of tier based modules, perhaps making it so either common, uncommon, or rare minerals/gems are more likely. Which would go along nicely with the three cutter tier system already in place. However, having the ability to specify what you need at the time would also make a great addition and help the player more so. Maybe a bit of both those ideas perhaps, if not both?

Of course make the gem/mineral detection augments be blueprints offered from suumbaat at a various ostron standing tiers. Could even do something along the lines of having specific detectors start on 3 and increase in rarity per tier then on. Hold on, Ill just make a table for ya...

:community:Ostron Standing Tier: 1 to 5  

1 = X% (35%?) Increase chance of finding Uncommon gems/minerals    (Coprun,Devar,Ferros,Veridos)                                                               

2 = X% (25%?) Increase chance of finding Rare gems/minerals              (Auron,Crimzian,Nyth,Sentirum)                                                                         

3 = Common gems/minerals (specific ones)                                             (Azurite,Pyrol)                                                                                                                                

4 = Uncommon gems/minerals (specific ones)                                          (Coprun,Devar,Ferros,Veridos)                                                                                                   

5 = Rare gems/minerals (specific ones)                                                    ( Auron,Crimzian,Nyth,Sentirum)

I would also like to point out that currently the radial gear menu has 12 slots. There are 10 different gems/minerals to be found and two percent chance increase augments proposed. {I have to admit that I realized after having spent the time to make that table, this idea would be perfect.} It would add 12 new items to suubaats offerings, creates a new game mechanic which could also be used in the next open world area as well. Makes mining a more enjoyable experience, even if you can only slightly tilt the odds at first. Adds more functionality to the cutter similar to how fishing has more functionality with its baits and luminous dye. The addition of Mining Cutter Augments in a fashion like the one presented in my text table above. Would enable players the ability to farm for what they need much like when farming for a specific fish. Making it more likely the player will wish to grind the standing for that higher ostron rank and adding more play-ability to the plains, and future open world areas. Of course each blueprint for an augment should be a little expensive, more so for the specific gems/minerals. They should also use a raw piece and refined piece of gem/mineral in the case of the specific prints as two of the crafting requirements. The first two tiers for the % increase prints could perhaps just use 1 or a few raw pieces of each from their respective categories.

In the case of using specific gem/mineral detectors, it might make the most sense to just set the spawn rates of the gem/mineral spots lower and more spread out. That would make the player have to search a bit further distance from spot to spot. Yet when they do find a hit on the detector it will yield the appropriate amount of the desired gem/mineral upon extraction. Opening the radial menu and selecting the cutter will then allow the player to view the sub menu, and make their augment selection based on what they have constructed. Maybe even see how many of each raw gem/mineral the player has in the inventory via the radial menu respective augment slot? Minus the % increase augment slots of course. {How could anyone fit 4 values into one just slot?! not possible I am sure.} Eventually a player should be able to have all augments to chose from after they have acquired the prints and made them. In the arsenal under the gear load-out where we choose what to bring with us should be when we choose which cutter to use. I say that because as with each successive tier and next cutter up, you will never go back to using the earlier one. Put simply, why would I ever use a Nosam Cutter when I finally have an Advance one? That way it will also open the radial menu for all the augment options. Since you wont be needing to take all three of your cutters with you, as each one is better then the last right? So there you have it. The next big mining update idea in as small of a nutshell as I could get it. Thanks for sticking with me to the end and reading all this. I hope it all makes sense and in case it doesn't you can find me in {clan}TheBloodMoonKnights{clan} official discord server here @https://discord.gg/WeG9Hb6  If you have any questions. Happy Farming! :laugh::heart::community:

Edited by KayAldren