The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Change Vigor To D Polarity

MonsterPig

What difference does it make? You don't need more Shields and HP. Interesting mod, but pointless. I run most of my frames without HP or shields. Most people play defense, and if you have a frost prime... you don't need anything else. 

Game is fun, but fast losing its luster and shine. I can't take much more of this "Rushing" / "Defence" fest. I don't "FEEL" like I'm doing anything else. 

With all the powerful frames and amount of AoE... this game needs to change. 

*Buff Single target Damage (Mainly melee dmg)

*Nerf AoE Damage

*Buff Mob HPs and Put squads of mobs in the game that are an ACTUAL threat. 

IMO, the Heavy mobs should be like mini bosses. Worth way more affinity and require more then ultimates to take down. Blowing away the grunts shouldn't be a chore, but it shouldn't be a 1 button press room clear as well. 

My point. Mods like this are useless, because there are no threats where Hp and shields mean anything. I want to feel like I'm in danger if I play stupid. Like when the Lotus sais "Something is wrong, a Heavy unit is approaching" I just laugh. It's a joke.  That warning should cause the player to go "Ok I better get ready". Nope, its just a generic mob that just has a few more HP. No problem!. 

Oh and Nightmare mode... give me a break. Instead of making the game fun and challenging... you get a random disadvantage or many at the start of the game........... Give me a break. 

How about make enemies that have abilities. Heavy units that are a threat. Grunts that eventually don't die to a 4 button press. 

It's getting old. 

I agree with this being a D polarity. The polarities need to maintain purpose. Don't make mods with polarities simply to fulfill certain warframes' polarities. Warframe polarities should match the mods instead.

Nova for example has two V polarities, but only Focus truly helps her abilities. While Continuity helps her to a small extent, the -- Polarity mods like Flow, Stretch, and Streamline benefit her much more. Either she needs V/-- for starting polarities, or we need more V mods that benefit damage dealers. Going back to polarities matching a mod's purpose, why is Continuity a V, while Stretch and Streamline are not? Focus directly increases damage, which is clearly attack oriented. Continuity and Stretch can increase damage dealt, but that is not their express purpose.

V mods for frames are lacking. We need more of them that serve the damage dealing role.

Edited by Vangarde

It seems I should Forma my Saryn and make it my main frame for a while.

I'm at odds with turning this into a D, on one hand, the polarities of mods do need a little consistency, on the other hand, squishier frames (except Saryn who has both - and D by default) would benefit from a double defense mod...

If this is to be turned into a D, then the change should be retroactive and the other "power" mods mentioned should be changed to V as well and other "utility" mods be turned to - (I consider those stamina mods as utilities). Only then I'll upvote the idea.

If the change affects this and only this mod, I would strongly disagree and let it be released as such. :I

Not sure why everyone's worked up over a mod that is very likely going to give us +120% shield and +120% health for 11 mod points at max rank. For the same mod cost, we could have a +280% shield Redirection or even a +400% health Vitality, both of which gives us higher returns for our life.

In any case, D polarity would make more sense here.

Petition signeD

i disagree....for the following reasons:

- vigor provides defensive capabilities for castor warframes

- vigor is subpar compared to the larger bonuses you can get off the individual bonuses of redirection and vitality, meaning vigor is only useful to stack on top of the two current mods, so you won't have an extra "D" slot to put this warframe mod.

Keep vigor as it is. DE knows what they were doing this time around.

Edited by rangeless

i disagree....for the following reasons:

- vigor provides defensive capabilities for castor warframes

- vigor is subpar compared to the larger bonuses you can get off the individual bonuses of redirection and vitality, meaning vigor is only useful to stack on top of the two current mods, so you won't have an extra "D" slot to put this warframe mod.

Keep vigor as it is. DE knows what they were doing this time around.

Vigor isn't going to do shoot for castor warframes maxed Redirection only gives Vauban 550 shield. What's a mod that only going to give a quarter of that boost do?

Vigor isn't going to do shoot for castor warframes maxed Redirection only gives Vauban 550 shield. What's a mod that only going to give a quarter of that boost do?

Stop them from dying to mid-level dudes instantly if they dare step outside from a corner? But you know, heaven forbid DE actually try to make people think about customization and loadouts for once.

Wait, when is the last time DE read the forums and just changed it to what a large amount of people decided was the smart thing to do?

I'll eat my hat if they come in here and go 'WAT A FINE IDEA. WE WILL CERTAINLY DO THIS. GREAT IDEA, COMMUNITY'

i'll eat two if they copypaste my caps and misspellings.

But you know, heaven forbid DE actually try to make people think about customization and loadouts for once.

Same argument for every game ever.  In the end, the games that are paraded about as being the ones with real choice just wind up with people stacking health and power or just power.  This game actually has decent customization.  Sure, all frames use shield and health, because, you know, that's a good way of not dying.  Most frames use flow and streamline because, you know, that's a good way of using your abilities.  So if you're complaining about people making builds centered on not dying and using their abilities, then hats off to you, dude.