Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

{UPDATED} DE, please stop FORCING players into the Plains! There is around 300missions in the game, STOP FOCUSING ON ONE! It's boring, it's repetetive and I'm tired of having the Plains shoved down my throat!

(PSN)vektorwithak

20 hours ago, Minatos_Gordem said:

Complaints about being forced onto the Plains is almost funny when I read them. First, nobody is FORCING you to the Plains. You're not required to unlock that riven, you can always sell it for platinum, endo, or credits. You're not required to make the Zaws or the Amps, and you're not required to get MR 25. And you're also not required to get all the arcanes, plenty of builds do just fine without them and if you MUST have them then shell out some plat you earned from doing other missions. When the Plains first hit you know what I saw? A bunch of people complaining on the forums about how the Plains were too isolated from the rest of the game because resources from the Plains were only used on Plains things and once you got all the Cetus standing there wasn't a reason to go there anymore except for the grindfest that is the Quills. Now guess what, DE has added more reasons to go to the Plains and all that's happening is a bunch of babies crying about having to crawl out of the dark, cramped corridors Warframe has spent so much of its life in and do something. If you don't agree with how the game is going, perhaps you should find a different game.

The majority of things in this game you do not need. You can take a starting frame Excal, with a trash starting melee weapon. Throw on some formas and potatos and bam, you can now do any content you want without a single prime mod required.

Do you play like this? Do you use the bare minimum or do you like to play builds you find interesting or perhaps setups that were recommended to you from friends or youtubers? I bet the bare minimum is not how you play, so ask yourself, why do you bother to grind anything in this game? That new shiney thing you are aiming for? Now I want you to imagine all the shiney things you have left to obtain are all in one place, despite there being over 300 other missions those items could be allocated. Does that sound like good design to you?

Not even talking about the numerical specifics that need an overhaul.

11 minutes ago, seprent said:

Thanks for the laugh mates personally only thought my younger cousin was capable of such tantrum throwing humor vektor is delivering while i can see his points his delivery is freaking hilarious have a good one everyone as to people trying to debate this man i feel its not going to get anywhere but good luck

Very few of the replies so far have been of any relevance to the posts topic, but glad you enjoyed the read :P

The thing with my delivery is, it needs to be adjusted based on the types of replies I get because the language used and even way they approach a reply reveals a lot about people.

40 minutes ago, Ottofyre said:

One of the first widely successful open world games was the original Elite. The Ultima games, Wasteland and Seven Cities of Gold were also open world games. All these games came out in the 1980's. I assure you many old-timers like me love open world games.

I'd offer more counter arguments, but since your original post is in an undeniably hostile tone you clearly aren't here for discussion and just want to pitch a fit. 

The nature of TRENDS is that they come and go in cycles. Fashion, music, various other arts, etc. Just because somethign was done long ago first or even several times, does not mean it is not part of a cycle of trends. It may have begun with the games you listed, I won't argue that, but it is a trend that has come and gone and is making a comeback.

Many game types have done this, RTS were huge for a while back when Red Alerts were great games(RIP Westward), Age of Empires and the Original Warfracts. These died and we had the Rise of MMOs and as technology improved we then saw FPS games follow up from the success of Golden Eye and Quake, years after the original Doom. MOBAs, platform fighters, sports games, rockband games, RPGs, the list goes on.

I am hostile to people either misrepresenting what I have said, completely missing the point or when people think they are being smart but fail to address the nature of  things like trends because they want to feel like they want to appear like they got had a "GOTCHA" moment instead of just approaching the discussion reasonably and on topic.

I'd wager you have no counter arguments to anything I have said, though you may have different viewpoints on some of the specifics discussed. ^_^

Edited by (PS4)vektorwithak

On 27.03.2018 at 2:34 AM, (PS4)vektorwithak said:

Some of us don't want to play this new game mode experiment that is an attempt to appeal to younger crowds who want to walk around and explore, kids who grew up on Minecraft and other openworld game.

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. I've grown up on 8-bit side-scrollers, should I stick with them forever? I can't like open-world, right?

It's about your personal preferences, not about your age.

12 hours ago, Ksaero said:

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. I've grown up on 8-bit side-scrollers, should I stick with them forever? I can't like open-world, right?

It's about your personal preferences, not about your age.

There is this thing called "generalization", there will always be exceptions to any rule, it doesn't make them the new rule nor does it mean the averages, etc now don't exist. Each generation of gamers grew up during different trends in gaming and while it cannot be said that this definitely influences all of their gaming or even some of it, you can see different preferences when talking to different ages of gamers, especially when nostalgia is involved.

Also to be fair, it is a little harder to predict how older gamers will take to gaming trends as I think by the nature of how rapidly(relatively) gaming has evolved over our lifetimes, older gamers are I think more open to new trends in gaming in general because we have seen gaming change from games so small they could fit on a floppy drive(or a cassette tape LOL!), to todays 4k high fidelity 100gig games.

So you think that when in gaming trends, console cycles, etc has no impact on a developing minds preferences? I would say that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard along with your inferred strawman about sticking to what you grew up with. Having a preference does not mean that is all you ever want. I grew up on 8it myself and I can tell you right now, I obviously don;t play much 8bit these days obviously, but I do love when a game based on that classic feel releases, things like cuphead, Abes Oddworld or Megaman inspired titles for example, especially Metroidvania games.

What do you think influences you personal preferences?

Edited by (PS4)vektorwithak