Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea for optionally incorporating democratic ideas in clans

cyberfae

i would like an in game voting system for higher level roles that the warlord chooses. so the warlord can choose to have leader-general and even warlord to have elections, just leader and officer, or any role specified. i already have a clan policy that allows constructive feedback on clan rules, but elections would be complicated with the current system as someone supposed to promote someone voted into a position and then be demoted might refuse in an attempt to keep power and trying to deal with that would be messy. i have been in clans where the warlord makes all the rules and decides everything and found that until i made my own clan it would be best for me to just keep quiet about rules that were possibly open to misinterpretation, too broad, or too narrow. also i would like to see a feature where a list of rules can be displayed in game, currently the MOTD is too limited for that purpose. and it would be decided by the warlord which roles would have the power to modify it. i would also like a system to keep track of the things specified roles do like change the rules, mess with the dojo, or otherwise change things within the clan so to track possible abuse of power and to have an option to make that visible to all clan members. back to the election system i would like to see an option to force demotions of specified roles by voting should power be abused, and an option to allow even warlords to be demoted if a warlord is abusing power. obviously this would all need to be optional and set by the clan warlord and possibly a mechanic where it would be agreed upon by a vote should there be multiple warlords. i just want incorporating democratic ideas to be not so messy, especially since i have made some mistakes as warlord that could have been prevented with such a system. Any thoughts?

Or they could leave your clan, i think that could lead to some serious trouble if they could demote your warlord status, so i think it's a bad idea, the fact that they can just leave your clan for another is already democratic. I do however like the idea of tracking things like architecture, kicks, bans, recruiting and so on. Think of your clan as a company and not a country, because basically, your clan is like a company

Implementing and enforced a voting system might not be all that useful as many warlords will be against providing such rights to clan members. Not to mention that there are simply too many governing options to cover. How about having a simple polling system instead? Start with two new roles: start a poll, participate in a poll. Starting a poll will require setting a question and providing a set of choices, maybe a vote closing time and minimum clan member rank as optional poll parameters. Poll could be then sent to inboxes of clan members with appropriate voting roles and will provide a way to select one of the options. Viewing poll feedback could also be tied into a separate role. Additionally, it may be configured to be automatically displayed as a MotD or as a decoration(e.g. a poll result screen).

I did mention that all this should be optional and I'm sorry if i wasn't clear enough, but i do believe that making sure members voices are heard within clans is important and the current system doesn't allow for that to be implemented in a clean way. i also mentioned that the roles that were open to elections would be specified by the warlord, like the warlord could keep their position safe and only allow elections on leader-general roles. yes this idea is very new and has a lot of stuff to work out before it would be implemented, but i did say options for various things so the warlord can decide on how much of these new measures would be implemented so to do whats best for their specific clan. and Siilk, i do agree on an option to keep voting restricted to some roles as my utility role is a detention role in my clan and i think those in that position should worry more on fixing their mistakes, i would also likely restrict it from initiates to prevent chaos, but since the promotion requirements are clear on how to get to soldier i don't see any problems with newer members not being represented. what roles should have that power is ultimately up to the warlord. Demiroach, i see that some warlords will find it best to operate their clan as a company, however some clans might want to give a little more power to its members and that decision should be the warlords to make, again i didn't mean to imply this new mechanic should be forced as it would cause chaos in many clans if that were the case and thats not my intention.

On 3/29/2018 at 6:41 AM, Demiroach said:

Or they could leave your clan, i think that could lead to some serious trouble if they could demote your warlord status, so i think it's a bad idea, the fact that they can just leave your clan for another is already democratic. I do however like the idea of tracking things like architecture, kicks, bans, recruiting and so on. Think of your clan as a company and not a country, because basically, your clan is like a company

Promoted Warlord can't demote the status of the Founder Warlord. So, Lets say greentechgirl promoted someone to Warlord. That person can't demote greentech as she is the founder warlord. Only she can demote herself . Promoted Warlord can demote other  Promoted Warlords but I'm not sure so,don't quote me on that.

On 2018-03-29 at 1:40 AM, greentechgirl said:

This topic about voting system sounds like serious bullS#&$. If I create the clan, that means I can do anything I want, create any rules I need and anyone who dares to vote me out will get the permanent ban. Otherwise it's not my clan.

Wait, what? DEMOTING A WARLORD? 

I'll throw in a security veto. I don't want anyone hostile taking over my Clan and Dojo before throwing me out of my own clan using sockpuppet accounts to vote himself up the ladder. 

Ranks are like this for a reason. 

If you want your clan to be Democratic, then  feel free to do so. Don't change the game

Edited by NoSpax

48 minutes ago, NoSpax said:

Wait, what? DEMOTING A WARLORD? 

I'll throw in a security veto. I don't want anyone hostile taking over my Clan and Dojo before throwing me out of my own clan using sockpuppet accounts to vote himself up the ladder. 

Ranks are like this for a reason. 

If you want your clan to be Democratic, then  feel free to do so. Don't change the game

Again.......Promoted Warlord CAN'T demote the Main Warlord i.e The person who created the clan.

Edited by _-ASH-_

You could duplicate the Warlord Permissions under the normal Warlord, so players can do the same things as Warlord without getting too much up the Ladder. You can't demote another Warlord, if you are a Warlord.

I like to have security "dictatorship" instead of politics. 

I said demoting a warlord would be completely optional, you could have all other roles up to vote with the exception of warlord with the changes i proposed, and again the democratic system would be completely optional, you could still have a clan that functioned just like they do now. i just want it optional for warlords who believe that members should have more power. all new mechanics proposed would have a SEPARATE options so the warlord can control how democratic they want their clan.

10 hours ago, NoSpax said:

You could duplicate the Warlord Permissions under the normal Warlord, so players can do the same things as Warlord without getting too much up the Ladder. You can't demote another Warlord, if you are a Warlord.

I like to have security "dictatorship" instead of politics. 

I understand you don't like the idea, and as i said it would be up to the warlord to enable the democratic system, if you really want to run your clan like a dictatorship then that should be up to you. as _-ASH-_ said you can't demote or kick out the founder warlord in any way. I probably should have mentioned an option to were a player can only be kicked out of the clan completely by a vote with specified roles, so you can have officers and generals able to promote people to sage, but not demote them without a vote if such option is enabled

On 2018-03-31 at 10:00 AM, _-ASH-_ said:

Thank freaking hell that you're not the Warlord of this clan then or any clan if that's what your view point is.

Explain yourself. What I said reflects how clans are operating now. Not only the clans in game, but whole world, including companys, personal hobbies, religions, laws of the nature.

13 hours ago, Qzma said:

Explain yourself. What I said reflects how clans are operating now. Not only the clans in game, but whole world, including companys, personal hobbies, religions, laws of the nature.

I just want some optional mechanics for allowing clans to be democratic or just implementing a few democratic ideas with each new mechanic having a separate option so the warlord can control the level of democracy in then clan. maybe i'm the only one who wants it but a clan where members have a say does actually mean a lot to me. and as i keep saying all of this would be optional, clans that do not enable the new features would have their clans functioning exactly as they did before.

On 2018-04-02 at 4:16 AM, greentechgirl said:

I just want some optional mechanics for allowing clans to be democratic or just implementing a few democratic ideas with each new mechanic having a separate option so the warlord can control the level of democracy in then clan. maybe i'm the only one who wants it but a clan where members have a say does actually mean a lot to me. and as i keep saying all of this would be optional, clans that do not enable the new features would have their clans functioning exactly as they did before.

That makes no sense. Control of democracy level makes no sense too. Clan members are free to communicate and decide what they want for the clan. If they don't like the situation and there is no way to change it, everyone is free to create new clan. If you don't like how things are going in the company you work for, initiate some changes. You don't need to change the laws for that. Or implement that system when  you start your own company.