Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Kuva Tile Set bugs and other concerns

MindHoney

The Kuba tile set is one of the prettiest tile sets in the game, second in my mind only to Luna. The problem however is that it falls down when you start to scale. I will try to explain this in the coming few paragraphs, using the three main points that I’ve found a problem with. The first is that is glitchy, the second is that’s the room layout, and the last big point is the enemies.

The Kuba tile set is one of the most glitchy tile sets I have ever seen. I’ve been running the last mission in the sortie did a solo, I’ve been trying to run it with the three frames that I like to use. This is nix, mag, nova. With all of these frames I have encountered a few bucks, specifically around line of sight, and makes bubble. Abilities that do not rely on line of sight, sometimes seen to require it. The best example I found for this is in the part of the map that the defences is in.
When you’re on survival and you reach that point with nix, her two will not track into any of the tubes. Psychic bolts will hit any enemy within line of sight, otherwise it will be her off like there are no enemies and range. Again with Nix, her three without the augment will quite often not applied enemies who are outside of nix’s line of sight. Meaning the enemies who are behind closed doors, or around the hallways will then proceed to just run at Nix making Her 3 useless. This however is fixed with her augment, I don’t know why however I stop seeing it after I put her augment, chaos sphere,  on. The other crippling issue the next is that her one doesn’t have a consistent time on it. I have my wind to last for 51 seconds, however it consistently is dropped after 20 seconds, to 30 seconds. Meaning the enemy that I thought was safe turns around and kills me.
With nova I encountered a similar thing to nix, her four would sometimes not applied enemies. I only encountered this one as well as nix within the hallways. In the open areas they’re fine as both usually have line of sight.
Meg’s issue, happens with her two, and three. I’ll address them in reverse order as that is the simplest. Her three sometimes doesn’t apply to enemies, this is infrequent but has killed me a few times as they will then want to. The bigger issue with Meg’s are to, the bubble that she creates sometimes just doesn’t stop bullets. Specifically bullets that are shot with almost no upwards angle. These boards will track right through the shield, and travel out the other side, killing many dishes in the way. The second issue with the bubble that is killed me by far the most amount of times is that sometimes when you’re standing around the edge of the bubble you will still die. This isn’t from things like napalm’s or bombards, this is just for normal stray bullets, that have shot you in the back. As well this can happen in the centre, you can die from a random projectile that kills you in the centre.
With limbo, I ran him once, I stopped very quickly because outside of the hallways I had a very difficult time telling whether or not I was in limbo. The normal graphical change to the screen, didn’t seem to be happening in the open areas where the lighting was poor. Instead he just looked normal and the only way to tell was whether or not I was dead.
Another glitch I want to bring up with this map, that isn’t necessarily specifically related to one frame, is that corrosive projection doesn’t seem to be working properly. Some enemies still have armor when you for corrosive projections, which still scales. It is significantly less than the normal amount of armor, however it is still prevalent and slows down our kills per minute.

The last thing I want to bring up specifically about glitches in the map, is the enemy’s tracking. Enemies seem just as lost as we are in these maps, they can find the right way, not efficiently, and not without a few bucks. The most notable one was not what we were doing the survival, but while I was getting the map completed. I was doing a defence with my brother, and we were on wave four, but we couldn’t find the last enemy. Eventually we found it glitched into the railing the only way to hit it was with Excalibur’s exalted late. After knowing this we were able to find this same glitch consistently as we did the next 16 waves. This always happened in the piping, in the upper section, between the guard railing and the insulation. The enemy could not move, but would still be aggressive towards us.

The non-glitchy big issue with the map is the layout. The first and largest problem is the amount of hallways that are in this map. If the room is not a hallway, it is usually a connecting hallway, that is a little bit taller but is still extremely restrictive. As well the hallways tend to be very long, so getting through them tends to be harder. In the rare cases you do find a large room, there are only a few are built well. The ones that are well dealt usually consist of two things, they have a large open area, connected to either a structure or a few other areas that are riddled with hallways that clog enemies up.
This means that when you do finally escape the massive amount of hallways that are in this map, you could walk into a room that funnels you towards more piping, to efficiently kill the enemies.
The next largest issue, when you do get a large room, where you do manage to move the majority of the enemies into the open area, is a problem with sight. Because of the lighting in these areas it can be quite difficult to see the enemies, which can spell life-and-death when you’re at one shot level.
Lastly I will talk about the, Drakyon wielding enemies. In normal missions they are annoying but not too bad, however once you stick them into a hallway they will wipe you with one shot. The amount of bullets, and the amount of ricochet that the bullets do means that that enemy is your number one priority to kill otherwise it will kill you when everybody else the party.