Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Two-Factor Authentication bugged?

One-shot-one-miss

Question

I enabled two-factor authentication and there is no way to deactivate it. The mails with the codes are coming after one day (expired) or they dont come at all. Are not in the spam folder or something like that. This service just seems bugged . I opened a ticket but the support havent replied yet, so i dont know if i will be able to play the game again. Has anyone  same experience or a solution for this problem? Im a new player and i feel very disappointed at this momment.. I would appreciate if anyone could help me.

Thank you

Edited by One-shot-one-miss

4 answers to this question

sounds like an issue with your email service. In Particularly Hotmail and Live (Microsoft) domains have the issue with the 2FA. Getting your email changed to something else, like Gmail or other email (not sure really...gmail is one of the easiest to setup quickly) ensures that it works (speaking from experience).

It WILL take time for Support to get back to you as they are swamped right now, though i had mine changed with a few days. Be sure to be able to provide some way of proving the account is your, such as a steam link or even billing info if you have bought plat.

You theoretically COULD get 2FA taken off, but Support strongly encourages you to keep it active (especially with all the issues going on right now wither server attacks (i guess))

So far there's no way of disabling 2FA, even by contacting support. I've tried it once, they told me sooner or later, all accounts will have 2FA enabled for security purposes. As for codes showing up late, you may have to check your other folders like spam/trash/junk. Sometimes it may depend on your email provider, choose a reliable provider to ensure your mail gets to you on time 

Yes im using hotmail. Is not in spam folder or somewhere else shouldnt be. I already checked. Some mails came, just the other day, so are expired. So this is not the problem.

I guess the problem is my mail provider yes. Can i change my email in my WF account? I have gmail too but i dont see any option to do that.  That could solve the problem.

I have no problem to proving the account is mine of course, with any way they could ask ,if this is their request and the way to have my problem fixed. I just want to play the game again. :)

If u learn something else pls tell me. Thank u alot! 

Edited by One-shot-one-miss

I'm having the exact same issue. I'm locked out of my account and didn't even get the chance to play Onslaught or build the new Zaws.

I've contacted support 5 days ago just to change my E-Mail but they haven't responded yet. My dad who is using the same E-Mail provider gets the E-Mail though.

Edited by Hergarian