The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reverse Engineering On The Trasmutation System

Phoenix86

Yes, this is what i propose for the Transmutation System,

it should not be driven by RNG but by recipes, pretty much like BPs are now.

Instead of putting 4 mods and pray the RNG gods why not doing the opposite?

Give us 'the result' options and than ask to put materials in!

For example:

Now:

I put 4 mods and pray

What i'd like to see:

I want a "Rare mod with V polarity"

the system tells me: "Ok fine you need to put:"

- 2 rare mods of any polarity

- 4 uncommon mods of the same polarity you want

- 8 common mods of the same polarity you want

- 12 common mods of any polarity

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basically we are creating a whole new system where we select what we want (the Rare mod with V polarity for example) and, based on the result wanted the system asks us to use X mods of Y polarity.

If happens that we want an "Uncommon mod" and we use "Rare mods" in the process it's gonna be a 1:1 ratio duo to the rarity being taken in account, example:

I want an "Uncommon mod with D polarity"

the system tells me: "Ok fine you need to put:"

- 1 rare mods of any polarity

- 2 uncommon mods of the any polarity you want

- 4 common mods of the same polarity you want

- 8 common mods of any polarity

Same goes for "Common mods" obviously

I think this system would work better since it's RNG based only on the generation of the mod but at least we are sure of what "type" of mods we will get and fits better the grindy system this game is based on.

This is a good idea, but shouldn't be implemented.

The Transmutation system was implemented for people who have an excess of mods they do not need and aren't worth selling. The RNG is there for a reason, there needs to be some risk. If this was any other paid MMO then sure, why not put in a recipe based system. But this is not any other paid MMO, and there are a limited amount of mod types. If your system was implemented, everyone would get all the mods available really fast and there would be no reason to keep playing beyond events or alerts. Warframe is about the grind, that's just how the game is designed.

Like I said, it's a good idea, but this kills the Warframe.

Edited by Snapplemonkey

It would make it easier to get the mods you want... but if it that was the case than it should be harder to level up the average mod (just a bit more quantity needed to up a mod). If we are able to get the mods through quantity I feel that we should put some disadvantage in the process of leveling them up - don't get me wrong I think a mod like serration is perfect the way it is and would only be a pain if there were more like it for me to level - it's just that I feel like it'd make things too easy without an Achilles heel. Also that mod recipes would cost credits, giving people some reason to actually convert their plat for mod recipes! :0

Edit: This was probably thought of already because of the dual mods that's around already. But if it were the dual mods case I think the cost should be 4 times the amount of mods to make them, seeing as having two affects in one is like a forma giving/changing polarities to deduce the amount of points needed into half.

Edited by ExxeFrame

Maybe a solution to this "takes away the grinding" stuff would be to implement blueprints, that you have to find at random. For example the droprate on the Thunderbolt-mod is pretty low, however finding a blueprint for this mod is easier. One problem is still unsolved by this. We have to grind less but i think it is still a little bit to easy, so maybe add some materials to the list instead of just mods.

Taking into account i still like the current system how you can fusion mods, but the results are frustrating and expansive.

So yeah. My opinion.

Maybe a solution to this "takes away the grinding" stuff would be to implement blueprints, that you have to find at random. For example the droprate on the Thunderbolt-mod is pretty low, however finding a blueprint for this mod is easier. One problem is still unsolved by this. We have to grind less but i think it is still a little bit to easy, so maybe add some materials to the list instead of just mods.

Taking into account i still like the current system how you can fusion mods, but the results are frustrating and expansive.

So yeah. My opinion.

Idk about that; the original idea was mods were needed to make mods. Other materials are better used for everything else, it'd only make grinding for the materials harder than it already is. Buying the recipes through credits seem like a better idea, it would get more players to hop into credit-only reward alerts.

Edit: Not to mention it'd give people one more reason to farm high leveled missions for more credits, instead of rushing low leveled ones for low amounts of credits. It'd give some new players more breathing space seeing as most of them want to explore every new tile they see.

Edited by ExxeFrame

One question.

WHY ARE YOU SO BRILLIANT?

This is awesome.

Take my +1, and COOKIES!

ahah lol, thanks ^.^

@the others: yeah i know it will probably not be implemented but new mods are coming every update and this system could be useful also for crafting and upgrading mods!