Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion To Allow Players To Hack The Mobile Defense Terminals

Destro6677

This just occurred to me while running MD with a pub group earlier in the Corpus base map.

I was sitting around, twiddling my thumbs, laying down suppressive fire and watching the console.

It would save time and give us something to do if we ran out of ammo and don't want to melee the enemies head on.

As for logic, The Lotus could be searching for the data in the databanks. Rather than help her with searching, you would be removing safeguards, firewalls, and cutting off the intelligence network's access to the database so that Lotus could move freely.

In practice, hacking the MD console would reduce the timer by a few seconds each time it was done.

Your thoughts?

Mobile defence is the second (after endless defence) bulk of enemies in time unit. I.e. lots of exp, mods, resources per minute. Why would you want to reduce it? If you have shortage of ammunition, just buy some: 1k credits for full ammo restore.

Or do you really think some puny ninja can overcome supercomputer with superior AI? Just compare how fast you unlock console with instant speed of using simple Cipher. And who would deal with constant stream of enemies while you're hacking?

The only one thing that can be made out of this is possibility to lock individual doors to not let enemies follow you.