Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SUGGESTION] Resource Market

FedorHooch

A way to exchange in the Market abundant low-level resources (like Polymer Bundle or Ferrite) for rare ones (like Control Module or Neurodes) would be nice. With various ratios, like 1000 Polymer Bundle for 1 Neurode or 50 Alloy Plates. Right now trash materials tend to stock up to astronomical quantities and are just dead weight.

I would like to see something like this implimented as well, or at least give containers the uncommon materials to drop. I don't enjoy going through several Earth levels to not get even one pick-up of Rubedo. If all I got was 100-150 uncommon an hour, it would be better than how it seems now. When it costs several hundred, and they only drop in small amounts, it becomes taxing. You already have to wait 24 hours in total to build a new warframe, why make it so we have to wait longer than needed to try different ones? I'm not asking for the uncommon resources to be as abundant as the commons, but it would be nice to see a higher drop chance and / or an increase in stack size.

Something needs to be done with the abundance of useless crafting materials. There are all sorts of solutions.

For example, a new system where you 'grow' a random item, could be blueprints, could be higher crafting mats. In order to grow them well you need fertilizer, right? And depending on what kind of fertilizer (the useless abundant low level crafting mats) you feed it while its growing, it blossoms into certain kinds of different things.

Or, special ammo for your gun! You can craft special ammo for your weapons. It works simply, you turn these low level resources into special ammo boxes, if you consume one of them, for the rest of that mission, your guns shoot special ammo.

These could function much like an additional mod. With a box that adds temporary AP, or temporary piercing, or temporary fire/cold/lightning effect. They could be scaled automatically to be equivalent to a green mod of the level that your weapon currently is.

Or.. they could always add a system where you + weapons. Basically a blueprint that works like regular blueprints. You add a weapon from your ivnentory and it gets upgraded. +1 to +5 consume only basic crafting materials. +6 to +9 consume both basic AND rare materials, and +10 consume basic, rare, and really rare (ones you only get 1 of per drop) materials.

Each + could be a 2% damage increase of BASE stats (20% max), with each + at 6 and on also increasing rate by 2% (10% max) and +10 adding a single extra mod slot.

Lots of options

It would certainly help the players out that don't have the time or inclination to go grinding "for a few hours" as mentioned in the other thread.

I see nothing wrong with trading a lot of commons in for a few uncommons. Or let the players trade directly.

Would be nice if I could give a friend an item/blueprint/resources I don't want/need.

Trading between players is not a good idea. It opens a way for third parties to abuse the game for profit (WoW gold farmers etc.). I was talking about a way to trade materials with the game itself, not other people.

Essentially, materials and credits are a representation of the time you spent playing the game. I don't see why we can't exchange one form of that representation for another. It would make the resource mechanic more tight. Just make the exchange rates sufficiently uneven to discourage overuse.

Trading between players is not a good idea. It opens a way for third parties to abuse the game for profit (WoW gold farmers etc.). I was talking about a way to trade materials with the game itself, not other people.

Essentially, materials and credits are a representation of the time you spent playing the game. I don't see why we can't exchange one form of that representation for another. It would make the resource mechanic more tight. Just make the exchange rates sufficiently uneven to discourage overuse.

No matter what game you play or what type of gameplay it is there will always be ways to abuse it toward having an unfair advantage. An experience hacker can hack any game if they put time into it. The point is just because it's exploitable doesn't mean you should avoid it. It just mean you have to think of ways to prevent exploition.

In its entirety, it's a good idea, probably already had been suggested in the past, but it seems like if this exists, DE wouldn't get much out of it.

DE is trying to make this game NOT P2W, by making just about everything (with the exception of colours) attainable through crafting. A material market would take away the frustration that is "grinding" causing less people to be lazy and buy platinum.

TL;DR - Good idea, but doesn't help out the devs.