Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trade System For Warframe.

Gin_ToniK

I think that this is one of the most asked questions among the Warframe players.

But not everyone knows how the trade system should be done.

So here is a pair of my suggestions:

-First off, everyone have the right to trade EVERYTHING. Thats right, from mods to resources, to systems e.t.c.

Have a bunch of unused mods, trae them for something usefull!

-Second, add a trade chat, and a trade zone(market).Everyone sells an in-game item for in-game credits.

Also add the market in dojos, so that it will be easier to trade with friends!

-Make a trade system based on EVE's one or Steam's "Marketplace", since this game is in open beta there will be alot more items to add.

-This is something personal but still, balance out the prices for buy-for-platinum-items, what I mean is that the item's platinum prices are a bit to high, or the quanity for that price is to low(such as 1 control module for 10! platinum).

Even the donation for just pure platinum and in-game prices are odd. Just an example for 20 bucks I get 570 platinum, and in Steam I can get for 20 bucks 500 platinum, 100 000 credits, 6 random and 4 rare mods, plus 2 boosters(affin and credit). After all this I just get a feel that by buying items for platinum or platinum itself I get riped-off. So please balance out this thing. The reason for this is that the in-game market prices will be better AND more affordable(for most players).

However the only thing you can really get for platinum only is the color pack.

Sorry for the long last suggestion, but it does irritates me, other than that this is what I want to see in the future updates.

Even the donation for just pure platinum and in-game prices are odd. Just an example for 20 bucks I get 570 platinum, and in Steam I can get for 20 bucks 500 platinum, 100 000 credits, 6 random and 4 rare mods, plus 2 boosters(affin and credit). 

You missed one thing — Tenno pack can't be bought again and again.

Steve has openly expressed a distaste for the kind of "WTB/WTS XX" discussion that trading generally brings about.

He's also expressed that an anonymous auction house kind of set-up is not out of the question. (However, this was in reference to mods and probably not applicable to other things.)

For an interesting take on in-game markets, I recommend taking a look at AirMech.

tBrp2Ug.png

Edited by Lumireaver

Unrestricted trade is a very, very, very, bad thing for the game.

You may think you want it, you may think it will help, but it won't.

Even if you aren't one of the ones that would abuse it, it will be abused, broken, and the economy of the game will be run into the ground.  That is one of the lessons learned from other games with unrestricted/minimally restricted trade.  Between "gold farmers" and "account raiders" it could get really bad.  not to mention multi-logging that is currently possible would allow for some potential abuse that one can only imagine.

DE has said they are considering a restricted in-clan trading system.  If that's where they are going to start then it's probably for the best as it most minimizes the opportunity for abuse, allow them to start small and then if it seems safe to open it up more..

Edited by Agent_of_Change

Yeah, unrestricted trade is bad thing. Not to mention kidos which will explode the chat with "PLZ GIMME A Barel Difuson", "------>SPARE SOME PLASTIDS", "SELL ME GLAIVE BP FOR 2K FERRITE PLS" and stuff.

those would get automatically targeted by 3 stalkers at the same time, at every mission for a week :D

Yeah, unrestricted trade is bad thing. Not to mention kidos which will explode the chat with "PLZ GIMME A Barel Difuson", "------>SPARE SOME PLASTIDS", "SELL ME GLAIVE BP FOR 2K FERRITE PLS" and stuff.

This is 100% of the reason we do not currently have a trade system.

Even if you aren't one of the ones that would abuse it, it will be abused, broken, and the economy of the game will be run into the ground.  That is one of the lessons learned from other games with unrestricted/minimally restricted trade.  Between "gold farmers" and "account raiders" it could get really bad.  not to mention multi-logging that is currently possible would allow for some potential abuse that one can only imagine.

DE has said they are considering a restricted in-clan trading system.  If that's where they are going to start then it's probably for the best as it most minimizes the opportunity for abuse, allow them to start small and then if it seems safe to open it up more..

Then please tell me what is very bad with the unrestricted/ minimally restricted trade?

As far as I know there are atleast two games like that(TF2 and Dota2), I have been a hardcore TF2 trader and with the new Steam Marketplace the possibilites and variety have been only expanding and in the good way, I cant possible see what can go wrong with Warframe if they do the same.

If you have something you dont want but someone needs it, and he has what you want(a rare mod or system for a warframe), then why I shouldn't be able to trade with him?

Also as stated in the 3rd suggestion the prices are still to be balanced, imho, its because of them the trade system is not yet intergrated.

And dont forget ,THESE are raw suggestion which could be modified, however about the in-clan trading system, I also wanted to state that, but knew that the developers would think of that by themself.

But I think everyone is missing one thing, I am not tell HOW the market will work, I am just stating what SHOULD be in it.

Edited by Gin_ToniK

The trade chat will be diffrent.

You can only type a message once ever 2 minutes.

Private zone.

And like someone will type kido things like that in a trade, seriously, as far I have seen the recruting and region chat, the "kids" are quite tolerant, which is something rare.

We have a trade system, Mod Transmutator.  You can trade 4 crap mods and some credits for one crap mod, amazing deal right?

Agree, and under some credits they mean 12000, aaaaand it is not even close to a trade system, its more like a recycle bin.

The trade chat will be diffrent.

You can only type a message once ever 2 minutes.

Private zone.

And like someone will type kido things like that in a trade, seriously, as far I have seen the recruting and region chat, the "kids" are quite tolerant, which is something rare.

First off, dont quadruple post...

Once trading is available you'll see beggers come out, I promise.  There's a big difference between people looking for groups and looking to get something for nothing.  Also, if you think that people will stick just to trade chat, then you're even more generous than I previously thought. 

First off, dont quadruple post...

Once trading is available you'll see beggers come out, I promise.  There's a big difference between people looking for groups and looking to get something for nothing.  Also, if you think that people will stick just to trade chat, then you're even more generous than I previously thought. 

Oh boy, I bet 10 bucks that you never seen REAL beggars and/or how people deal with them.

With a time limit of 2 min and a private zone(like a whisper function but in a new tab), NO ONE will even read the begging comments, seriously, just think with logic, who will give something to someone for FREE? No one! Everyone will just say "get the hell out" and thats it. Of course if you have a ton of resources and mods which you can give away for free then please (I would do that). But since I doubt that possibility then no one will do that.

Plus, if you really want something you will just need to look into the chat, skip the beggars, find the needed person and thats it, no one is saying you should read the beggars, and they WONT spam the chat since the 2 min. rule will be in effect.

P.S. If you really want a working trade system that benifits everyone, I could do it, but only in my free time, and it will take a while, but I can.

You can also help me, and instead of complaining to such miserable things as beggars and unrestricted items(read above comments), then you should type your ideas which could help the system.

Before telling news from elven woods run any MMO that supports trading. Or run, for example, TF2 and make your hands tired from muting all those kiddos who want a free hat.

*faceplam* The only person who didnt played any MMO and TF2 is you, if you read my other comments you would know that im a hardcore TF2 trader, and one of those that almost didnt donated(under that I mean I only payed for a few keys and only). Seriously I thought people would be more optimistic here and put there ideas, but instead I hear "Oh no, that is bad!", "That shouldn't be added" and e.t.c. And also from the things I have read I can see none of you really know how trading works, its almost pathetic.

The only one who putted something really useful is Lumireaver. You should learn something from him and instead of being ignorant, post something useful.

They've basically said that their current plan is an anonymous auction house where you put something up for a price of platinum and then other players can buy it with a mastery gate.  Since it's anonymous, that cuts out abuse.  Since there's a mastery gate, it doesn't necessarily cut down too much on play time and removes the possibility of people buying things with starting platinum (not that that would really do anything to harm the market in this case anyways, but still).

The current plan isn't something I see as something that could be abused.  Sure, people will undercut each other, but eventually prices will settle and if you want to sell immediately, you just drop your price below the average.  Most people that buy platinum use it on (among other things) slots and colors.  Once platinum goes up like this, platinum becomes something of significantly more value because it can be exchanged.  Also, because not all platinum will go back into circulation, it actually drains the playerbase of platinum more rapidly than the current system.  As an example, I have 96 plat right now IIRC.  Let's say I buy a Sanctuary mod for 30.  Let's also say that the seller was a free player who had burned his plat on slots.  Now, he has more to buy more slots or can save up for a skin.  In either case, there are now two people who could be spending platinum on items in the game and I'm lower on platinum so I'm more inclined to buy more.  Sure, I could sell a couple split chambers to get that platinum back, but at this point, we've introduced a third person which also has the potential to drain it.

The end result is more people using the platinum bought by the paying players which means more platinum expended faster, and running low on platinum is a great incentive to get more, especially since it would be even more useful than it currently is.

*faceplam* The only person who didnt played any MMO and TF2 is you, if you read my other comments you would know that im a hardcore TF2 trader, and one of those that almost didnt donated(under that I mean I only payed for a few keys and only). Seriously I thought people would be more optimistic here and put there ideas, but instead I hear "Oh no, that is bad!", "That shouldn't be added" and e.t.c. And also from the things I have read I can see none of you really know how trading works, its almost pathetic.

The only one who putted something really useful is Lumireaver. You should learn something from him and instead of being ignorant, post something useful.

You forgot to change your account. This one has only 7 posts and none of the last 5 mentioned that.

Also, tell me, how are you a hardcore TF2 trader in almost full-time F2P? Not much can be done on Refs and ain't like you'll get much of the goods to trade.

It's like a broken record but we mention EVE for a very good reason. The gameplay elements may not excite everyone, but you cannot deny that it has an amazing trading system. The economy is better than some real world governments'. An in-game economy can be very bad but it can also be amazing, and profitable. EVE makes a ton of money from PLEX, and that's a clear demonstration that in-game trading does not detract from monetized micro-transactions. If DE still stands to profit from Platinum in some way, they should be able to push it into circulation for the players.

While I don't entirely understand the distaste for trade chat spam, I can think of a more efficient system. A list of contracts available for players to browse, labelled as buy/sell/trade. Something akin to the Everquest Bazaar system, this allows players to search for what interests them, and ignore what doesn't. I'm not sure why anonymity is necessary, and games in the past have generally not done this. Trade chat is often filled with spam of poor offers and begging, while auction houses tend to lack advanced options, like buying and trading. I think that a healthy median between trade chat and an auction house would be most prudent.

A simple trade window for 1 mod to another should be enough to help friends along. No need to trade in credits or platinum. No need for accounts to be hacked or certain people who live east of the world map to ruin in game economies and chat windows.

I hope this was diplomatic enough for you.

Can't agree more.

You forgot to change your account. This one has only 7 posts and none of the last 5 mentioned that.

Also, tell me, how are you a hardcore TF2 trader in almost full-time F2P? Not much can be done on Refs and ain't like you'll get much of the goods to trade.

If you played TF2 for 300+ hours and looked into the Marketplace on Steam then you would know how can I be a hardcore trader. And also add to the 300 hours additional time spent in trade sites waiting for the buyer/seller and then arranging trade times.

Im not gonna speak about Dota 2 trading since I haven't been into it that much, but it is pretty much the same as in TF2, and i've got good items pretty much quick (maybe got lucky).

It's like a broken record but we mention EVE for a very good reason. The gameplay elements may not excite everyone, but you cannot deny that it has an amazing trading system. The economy is better than some real world governments'. An in-game economy can be very bad but it can also be amazing, and profitable. EVE makes a ton of money from PLEX, and that's a clear demonstration that in-game trading does not detract from monetized micro-transactions. If DE still stands to profit from Platinum in some way, they should be able to push it into circulation for the players.

While I don't entirely understand the distaste for trade chat spam, I can think of a more efficient system. A list of contracts available for players to browse, labelled as buy/sell/trade. Something akin to the Everquest Bazaar system, this allows players to search for what interests them, and ignore what doesn't. I'm not sure why anonymity is necessary, and games in the past have generally not done this. Trade chat is often filled with spam of poor offers and begging, while auction houses tend to lack advanced options, like buying and trading. I think that a healthy median between trade chat and an auction house would be most prudent.

Atleast someone gets it. Bravo.