Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arid Fear Joke

The_Basilisk

LOL 

30-40 minutes to get 100 pnts, dont kid yourself with the i have no time line

uh huh go troll elsewhere.

I spent all Saturday evening -> night grinding, Sunday I was with my niece and nephew taking them to 6 flags for their mini vacation that I promised 4 months ago. I then spent the remainder of Sunday night when we got home and Monday morning till event ending farming CV and making keys.

Have respect for those that made the keys for your freeloading runs.

Edited by KuzmaVolkov

It was a 6 day event and you couldn't get the points, I don't think that's DE's fault.

Like you said "a 6 day event". I simply thought if it reached 100% we would still be able to use the keys, to get the keys for the remaining time. 

Of course now i know it better and will not wait, but its still not a good idea to do it this way.

Not very clanfriendly, if you cant even wait to do this with your clanmembers/friends.

When we are promised a 6-day event, we need it for 6 days, not half of that. There is no reason why they can't have us still join these missions and get our points. For me, it has come to a point where these 'clan wars' are breaking the game for me.

#sixdaysorboycott?

I'm very disappointed that this game has been turning to a "join a clan" kind of game. Even more disappointed that events how have a point system to get mods, why not just let mods drop in event made missions? It appears to me that to do any good in events you must be in a clan, have large amounts of number of friends or friends that play all the damn time.

When we are promised a 6-day event, we need it for 6 days, not half of that. There is no reason why they can't have us still join these missions and get our points. For me, it has come to a point where these 'clan wars' are breaking the game for me.

There never was any promises of 6 day event. We had 6 days to complete it or fail. Event was done when it was done, IMO no surprises there.

we had 6 days to complete the mission, it was never said(at least i didn`t see) that it would LAST 6 days, i always assumed it would be over as soon as we reached 100%

@Rammiton

if mods were dropped in the event missions it would be even worse, since they are RARE mods, the drop rate wouldnt be high, so you can bet there would be people grinding over 100 points and not getting all 3.

Edited by Paptimus

Just got a 50% off coupon. In the past, my buddy and I would buy ALWAYS buy a $10-$20 plat package when we got these coupons, but nope.. Not this time. I'm tired of events that have huge potential, crashing because of simple problems like these.

Regardless of whether us who missed out 'deserved' the mods or not, this is NOT how you treat your player base. You cater to the 99%, not the 1% who throw their lives away farming 2000 points for absolutely no reason except a statue in a dojo that's so huge that it'll take you 10 minutes just to find the damn thing.

This has to be a @(*()$ joke!

I was so eager to get all 3 mods, and wanted to get them with my clan members. Since everyone had things to do, i decidet to farm the keys, and as soon as every one was ready we could simply run until we raeched the desired 100Points.

Yesterday they didnt feel like doing it so i was okay with it, because we would have 4 days left.

And you did not notice how fast the phases were being finished? By Saturday evening I knew we would be finishing on Sunday or Monday.

Also, it wasn't in the initial plans, they changed the event when it had already started, it's kinda ridiculous, for real.

Yes it was and no they didn't. We had 3 phases to complete (obvious from the video even before they announced phase 2), we had a maximum of 7 days to finish the event otherwise we would fail it, if we finished early (just like the last one) then we would finish early.

Edited by Silvershadow66

Guys!

Relax.

Some peaple like to rush it, others dont.

There is absolutely no reason to get that offensive with each other. 

Its a PVE not PVP game. And Gamers who werent able to complete it (like me) have every right to be a little grumpy right know.

This. People lost a chance at these mods because they had to compete for them in a non-PVP game. Those points that they weren't able to get, were taken from them by other players. 

There never was any promises of 6 day event. We had 6 days to complete it or fail. Event was done when it was done, IMO no surprises there.

The problem isn't what DE said, it was what was being transmitted through the community. Almost every single person on the wiki and on here believed that the event would last 6 days. After the last even ended early and people complained about it, we assumed DE wouldn't make the same mistake again, so we looked forward to a nice week to do this event. Instead we once again were expected to bum rush the event in order to get the points before the 2000-pointers get them.

I should of seen this coming, but I was just HOPING DE would not have made the same mistake like last event was. Sadly, apparently it did. I actually had free time this week to actually get something done and make my way to 100 points because I work all weekend. So much for getting those mods, and since they didn't state it was exclusive to this event, chances are, they will not be on the drop table in Nightmare runs (someone can prove me wrong if they are actually there) considering DE's track record of stating exclusive, then turns out not, then vice versa.

I've dumped a ton of money into this game in the hopes DE would not go the route that I've seen a couple others go. But it appears they just might, and I won't be spending a penny more if DE wants to end events prematurely, especially for a 6-day event like this one.

DE has one more event with me before I may just stop playing entirely. These decisions lately are only infuriating part of the user-base. These events that encourage rushing (did they forget that there are people who like to explore a tileset for secrets?) and considering the scout himself was bugged in the last 10 hours in that he would have escaped before even Lotus announces he's running, there's was a serious problem here. I thought it was a fluke the first time, but when it was repeated after that.. I had already lost faith in the event.

Now to wait and see what the next one will be..

People can defend the Devs all they want, but at the end of the day this is what it comes down to.  We were promised a 6 day event, and they just cut that in half out of nowhere.  It's kinda messed up and people have lives and planned around the timeline set by the devs to get their crap in order.  It doesn't take 30-40 minutes to get to 100 points and it's pointless to come in here on that bs.  After doing this once you would think they wouldn't screw people over a second time.  People have put a lot of time, money, and showed support which has helped this game get to where it is today.  Losing those mods is really annoying and frustrating to those who have done these things.  Do what you promised initially instead of creeping up and screwing over the people that have stuff to do or were coordinating with clan members for schedules.  It's really quite simple and should have been done from the get go.  Stop acting like babies and trying to act like this is even remotely justified because it is not.  People have every right to be unhappy about it.  Go troll somewhere else.  Devs, this is a really messed up move.  You should do what you said you would do.  You shouldn't get players into the habit of expecting you not to do what you say you will do with your community events which really provides a major surge for the amount of activity on your servers.  Just saying.

Edited by EmptyVoid

we were NEVER promised a 6 day event, they said we had 6 days to complete the event, that implies that if we completed it before the 6 days, it would be OVER(at least for me it did, thats why i tried to do a bit each day when i had the time)

Edited by Paptimus

People can defend the Devs all they want, but at the end of the day, but this is what it comes down to.  We were promised a 6 day event, and they just cut that in half out of nowhere. 

You assumed it would last the whole 7 days, you were not promised it, I will say that again the Devs never said that you could do the event for a whole 7 days just that we needed to complete it before the time ran out. I saw that wave 1 had a completion bar and realised that when we completed all 3 waves that would be it.

Edited by Silvershadow66

People can defend the Devs all they want, but at the end of the day, but this is what it comes down to.  We were promised a 6 day event, and they just cut that in half out of nowhere.  It's kinda messed up and people have lives and planned around the timeline set by the devs to get their crap in order.  It doesn't take 30-40 minutes to get to 100 points and it's pointless to come in here on that bs.  After doing this once you would think they wouldn't screw people over a second time.  People have put a lot of time, money, and showed support which has helped this game get to where it is today.  Losing those mods is really annoying and frustrating to those have done these things.  Do what you promised initially instead of creeping up and screwing over the people that have stuff to do or were coordinating with clan members for schedules.  It's really quite simple and should have been done from the get go.  Stop acting like babies and trying to act like this is even remotely justified because it is not.  People have every right to be unhappy about it.  Go troll somewhere else.  Devs, this is a really messed up move.  You should do what you said you would do.  Shouldn't get players into the habit of expecting you not to do what you say you will do with your community events which really provides a major surge for the amount of activity on your servers.  Just saying.

It was 6 days for completion. In case you didn't notice, we completed all three stages in 3 days. The Devs didn't cut the event in half. WE DID. 

Do you people even understand what a progress completion bar is? 100% completion is 100% completion, there is no 101%.

Just saying.

Edited by yeelowsnow

It was a 6 day event and you couldn't get the points, I don't think that's DE's fault.

Yes a SIX day event that only lasted THREE days, sure it's not DE's fault for ending the event a full THREE days early, thereby screwing a lot of people out of a chance to get mods.

While I only managed to get 54 points, (due to no one in my clan actually bothering to help me when I asked for help grinding out points) they should at least have allowed people to keep running the event and gain points till the allotted time that was originally planned for the event was over.

Also introducing rewards during phase 2 of the event was a bit backhanded of DE, either they should have made it clear at the beginning there were going to be dual stat mods as rewards, or not added them as part of this event and instead just put them in the drop tables together with this 'loot tables 2.0' thing they are currently working on.

Yes a SIX day event that only lasted THREE days, sure it's not DE's fault for ending the event a full THREE days early, thereby screwing a lot of people out of a chance to get mods.

While I only managed to get 54 points, (due to no one in my clan actually bothering to help me when I asked for help grinding out points) they should at least have allowed people to keep running the event and gain points till the allotted time that was originally planned for the event was over.

Also introducing rewards during phase 2 of the event was a bit backhanded of DE, either they should have made it clear at the beginning there were going to be dual stat mods as rewards, or not added them as part of this event and instead just put them in the drop tables together with this 'loot tables 2.0' thing they are currently working on.

Not their fault, if you wanna blame someone, blame the community for rushing it =D and even then, we were just doing the event like we normally should

Edited by Paptimus

I'm pretty sure that when the devs say something their word is their bond, so in effect, it is a promise.  I'm sorry that when you hear 6 days to complete the event, you think that means at least until the 10,000 point spammers complete it.  If it's going to be a race, and a competition (yes there is a difference in this instance), they need to explicitly state so.

Edited by EmptyVoid

It was 6 days for completion. In case you didn't notice, we completed all three stages in 3 days. The Devs didn't cut the event in half. WE DID. 

Do you people even understand what a progress completion bar is? 100% completion is 100% completion, there is no 101%.

Just saying.

You say that as if it isn't the Devs problem. Events are PvP grind fests as tehy stand. Any points available are a finite amount that other Tenno can't get if you participate. This promotes a competitive atmosphere between the players of rushing to get as many points as quickly as possible. Alongside that is the fact that being able to cut the event short of the deadline inhibits people who come late to the event from participating. Both of these are a problem the Devs need to correct or they'll push people away from the game because their ability to contribute to lore shaping events is severely limited by the Devs and by other players.

The Devs chose to implement the event such that people could be locked out of participating. They made the event that way. That needs to change going forward if they want to encourage casual players to get more engaged with the game.

You assumed it would last the whole 7 days, you were not promised it, I will say that again the Devs never said that you could do the event for a whole 7 days just that we needed to complete it before the time ran out. I saw that wave 1 had a completion bar and realised that when we completed all 3 waves that would be it.

So DE is a car-dealership-lawyer hybrid and we have to take everything they say with a grain of salt, dissecting every word and inflection just to make sure we don't get screwed over? No, in the end this all comes back to needing a little better communication about when/where/what will be happening in an event.