Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Decoration "lost" inside Dojo room geometry

SiaCree

Enjoying the new decorations and placement system for the Dojo, definitely a huge step in the right direction for me. While I'm waiting for more lanterns and crates however :inlove:, I managed to ruin a room.
WF_Zfighting.jpg

The piece in question is the Corpus Wall rotated "face down" to use it as a pavement of sorts. With its 0,0,0 point in one of its corners putting it on the ground causes it to be unclickable (collision mesh underneath the room geometry I guess) and therefore this mess is now permanent.

I also seem to have lost a Christmas wreath in one of the small crevices between wall panels (on some other room).

To propose a way to fix these types issues... maybe a mode similar to the scanner seeing things through walls also making clicks or even decoration positioning ignore collision mesh. Would also make placing those flanges a lot easier :smile:

I can't and that's the problem here. What you see here is the so-called z-fighting and it means that the ground and the decoration are placed on the same plane and either there is a "click geometry" and it's below the floor in this situation or in case of conflict priority is given to the room geometry. Either way, I can't click it and move/remove it and I'm stuck with this :awkward:

If you can get the camera out of the map, then you can get the object from underneath.

Rooms like the Barracks, Observatory, or even the old cross-hallways (the ones with the void vines) can be useful for that.