Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Way To Render: Marmoset Toolbag custom shader with color tinting

Raunek-Ka

Hello to all Tennogen creators, veterans and aspiring novices! There were many questions of "Where can I make a beautiful screenshot?"/"The screenshots from Tennogen app are bland and non-eye-catching, how to make a nice render?" and so on. And there are many rendering programs, including Marmoset Toolbag, Keyshot, etc., but there is another issue: you cannot color a model in them, so you need to make a colored albedo map and then render your work. And if you want to show the color customization options, you need to use Tennogen app again. So I've decided to find another way, and - there is one if you are using Marmoset Toolbag ver. 3.x for rendering.

OkEEloW.jpg

It's a custom shader which gives you a possibility to color your model right in Toolbag using that same tintmask texture you're creating with a Tennogen item. It uses the exact same algorithm and even copies the reflection rendering from original Evolution Engine shader, so you can make your presentation renders now with no need to create a separate albedo map and show all customization possibilities. And, of course, it's free. Results of its work:

BR22VDs.jpg

Render comparison with Tennogen app

FVAHR6S.jpg

How it works

tiR4bAu.png

My last Tennogen submission rendered with this shader and other rendering abilities of Marmoset Toolbag

Download the shader here at Gumroad>>> but read the instructions carefully - it is somehow buggy if used without the active light sources in the Toolbag scene.

To get it for free - simply type 0 as the price.

Edited by Raunek-Ka
Additional images and explanation added.