The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

clan issues

(PSN)SlyFox5679

Question

I've been clan leader for most of the time on PS4 and things were good for awhile then everyone got bored/tired of the game and most picked up different games and went off to play with different friends.

they'd come back and do it again each time for longer periods of time and finally i didn't see them for months and finally decided to remove them from the clan and got new blood in the clan and those new players got friends in but then some of them would quit after a month or so and i'd have to remove them since they would never give notice about coming back and the rule is 30 days no notice and i remove people. 

now since the holidays people have been falling off the radar and few login to play and its a pretty small clan as it is that most we had for awhile is 10 people and i decided to bump up the size to 30 and i have 15 in the clan currently. 

I've been off playing a different game for most of the last month because i was on 24/7 from Oct to Jan and needed a break waiting for more interesting content to release and now because i haven't played much it feel like its my fault my clan is falling apart.

some of my officers complain i'm never on the game to do whatever but what am i going to really do ?  i'm MR25 and i'm not sure what i'm going to do really to keep everyone happy besides put a lot more time in on the game but that is tough because i've spent nearly 2500hrs  on the game and thats with taking breaks to play other games and there is no guarantee my playing will improve morale and people just up and quit.

What i do usually is login for a bit to get login reward,build formas ect, do sorties talk to whoever but don't really play like i was awhile ago.

another issue is most of my clan mates play other games and a few at best play other games with me but most of them aren't interested in warframe anymore and trying to convince them to continue is a pain or to even play the few other games i play.

honestly one of the reason i'm running a clan is to make new friends to play with and help along the way since for the longest time i've always enjoyed helping other players learn the ropes on games and have been either an officer or some sort or the leader in different online games. 

1 answer to this question

This is how it is with clans, it becomes a never-ending responsibility ands some of your members are bound to come and go. It helps if you are more strict on your activity rules; I personally have a seven day inactivity limit and when people reach that limit I replace them as soon as possible. 

However since members are made aware of this rule before joining, they usually notify me or decide not to join. That's another thing that helps in these situations; being specific on your community.

What that means is not inviting just any people to your clan, but people who you feel are going to be more suitable for the type of clan you want. When your clan is small, it helps if you recruit the first few members with high mastery ranks or large amounts of play time.

As these are the types of players that are more likely to stay. They can be hard to find yes, but it's these types of players that lay the foundation of your community. Once your foundation has been layed then you can start reducing the experience required to join your clan.

Start with steep requirements, and go lower and lower. This way the amount of people that eventually quit won't be a lot and it will be easy to replace them. It mostly comes down to just keeping recruitment constant honestly.

Hope this helps.

Edited by (PS4)Ultro-Warrior