The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Massive Fps Drop When Playing Co-Op

DaVanity

Specs:

Windows 7 64-bit

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 3.20GHz

16GB of RAM

GeFroce GTX 560

The game rocks 50-60 fps when I play solo but when a guy joins, the framerate dips to 40 and dips even further below 20 especially if it's a defense mission. I've tried to lower the graphic settings and uncheck all the boxes but the framerate doesn't improve at all. The funny thing is that I play this game with my brother whose PC's specs are inferior to mine. He only has 6GB of RAM and a GTX 460 but his game runs 50fps average with maximum graphic settings under any circumstances. We basically sit next to each other doing Kappa together and my game is unplayable while his is butter smooth. I don't really know if this has something to do with my hardware.

On the side note: At first I thought this has something to do with my CPU/GPU getting overheat but the CPU never goes beyond 55c and 70c is the max for the GPU.

I believe that this is due to poor resource management in Warframe. I also have a similar thread on this type of issue. ----> https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/94571-overloading-hosts-pc/#entry1060942

It could also be that Warframe is using CPU in part to process graphics as a means to -shortcut- instead of optimizing for specific GPU's. But I can't say for sure. It's a thing that Planetside 2 has been rumored to do which is why it gets terrible performance as well.

In the new Phobos areas I get as low FPS as I usually get when hosting (half my normal FPS) without hosting. So I guess if I was hosting the new Phobos missions I'd get 25% of normal framerate. Terrible, unplayable.

Edit 1: hmm framerate seems fine when playing solo though, but I'm sure I wasn't hosting the coop mission I played where I got 30fps... cause I got disconnected from host.

Edit 2: Think it's the Enemy AI that uses up all you CPU power tbh, got low fps when playing solo too now when lots of enemies spawned. But I've also had fine framerate with like 50 infested on screen so I don't think it's the graphics that cause the slowdowns.

Edited by Mikki79