Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

1 hour index mesa

(XBOX)Red X278

Question

I've been looking up builds for mesa to use to get to John Prodman. Any builds for mesa, or tips would be appreciated.

I heard the secondary really doesn't matter just the build on it. A standard crit and damage build I heard is all you need. Is this true or do I need a specific build? 

11 answers to this question

22 hours ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

For your pistol, only the mods matter.  You'll want the primed crit mods.  The rest of the build will depend on your power strength and whether you feel that going for status is worthwhile, as well as choosing the elemental combination you want.

I was thinking of corrosive for the element and just using two blue mods. What about Mesa? I was thinking of doing my basic build I have for everyone which is steel fibers, vitality, redirection, stream line, flow, intensity, handspring as exilus, corrosive projection, and I don’t know about the other two spots I would have open.

48 minutes ago, (XB1)Red X278 said:

I was thinking of corrosive for the element and just using two blue mods. What about Mesa? I was thinking of doing my basic build I have for everyone which is steel fibers, vitality, redirection, stream line, flow, intensity, handspring as exilus, corrosive projection, and I don’t know about the other two spots I would have open.

I'd say duration and power strength are more important than survivability mods. Shatter shield is a great skill and with enough power strength it will give you a 95% damage reduction. I only run vitality. I recently changed my mesa build to drop narrowminded, and can't remember what it was, but it's focused on increasing duration and power strength without killing range. The new augment is solid too, and fits in the exilus slot :)

Edited by BlueFalcon13

1 minute ago, BlueFalcon13 said:

I'd say duration and power strength are more important than survivability mods. Shatter shield is a great skill and with enough power strength it will give you a 95% damage reduction. I only run vitality. I recently changed my mesa build to drop narrowminded, and can't remember what it was, but it's focused on increasing duration and power strength without killing range. The new augment is solid too, and fits in the exilus slot :)

The new augment I don’t think is on Xbox yet unfortunately but thanks for the build advise I really want that Prodman poster. Also I heard akbolto prime was good for her or should I use a different prime pistol?

I don't have the akbolto yet. Personally I am a fan of Mesa's passives for single pistols. I usually use my insane 6 forma lex prime, or on weaker mobs, my vasto prime (it reloads stupid quick). I avoid my akvasto since it has a riven mod, and rivens don't transfer to peacemaker.

If you use a dual pistol, she does get increased fire speed, which I believe carries over to Peacemaker.  Still, beyond her passives, only the mods will matter.

Also, you only need 30% power strength for 95% damage reduction from Shatter Shield.  Adding more power strength starts to give diminishing returns with Hornet Strike.  If you want to run high power strength, you can actually get more bang for your buck by dropping Hornet Strike and adding Anemic Agility (corrupted fire rate mod).

I actually ran Mesa for the Prodman poster.  I found that having 45% PS (which is my build) was enough.  I ran HS, LT, BD, 2 primed crit mods, 2 90% mods for corrosive, and Primed Heated Charge.  On Mesa, I had only Vitality, the rest into duration and a little PS and high efficiency.  I dumped Range as a stat.

59 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

If you use a dual pistol, she does get increased fire speed, which I believe carries over to Peacemaker.  Still, beyond her passives, only the mods will matter.

Also, you only need 30% power strength for 95% damage reduction from Shatter Shield.  Adding more power strength starts to give diminishing returns with Hornet Strike.  If you want to run high power strength, you can actually get more bang for your buck by dropping Hornet Strike and adding Anemic Agility (corrupted fire rate mod).

I actually ran Mesa for the Prodman poster.  I found that having 45% PS (which is my build) was enough.  I ran HS, LT, BD, 2 primed crit mods, 2 90% mods for corrosive, and Primed Heated Charge.  On Mesa, I had only Vitality, the rest into duration and a little PS and high efficiency.  I dumped Range as a stat.

I didn't know that with her power strength. I foresee a rebuild on Mesa in the very near future. Are there similar issues with exhaulted blade on excal?

10 minutes ago, BlueFalcon13 said:

I didn't know that with her power strength. I foresee a rebuild on Mesa in the very near future. Are there similar issues with exhaulted blade on excal?

I wouldn't call it an issue, it's just how the PS is applied.

Mesa's PS is additive to the base damage mods, so every point of PS is like adding to your Hornet Strike.  Excal's ult is multiplicative, so I don't believe it has the same sort of diminishing returns.

So, for Mesa, it's a trade-off in that higher PS can get you more damage, but you'll want to build differently.  For the star chart, up to and including sorties, 30% PS is enough with a good pistol build.

If anyone out there who has done the math more extensively than I wants to correct me on this, please do.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

I wouldn't call it an issue, it's just how the PS is applied.

Mesa's PS is additive to the base damage mods, so every point of PS is like adding to your Hornet Strike.  Excal's ult is multiplicative, so I don't believe it has the same sort of diminishing returns.

So, for Mesa, it's a trade-off in that higher PS can get you more damage, but you'll want to build differently.  For the star chart, up to and including sorties, 30% PS is enough with a good pistol build.

If anyone out there who has done the math more extensively than I wants to correct me on this, please do.

I use my Mesa primarily for Zenurik focus, so starchart stuff. Was thinking I need to take her on a kuva-survival run in the very near future. Haven't really played with her new augment yet.

Edited by BlueFalcon13
My phone hates Mesa's name.