Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback As Of 9:5

QuantumSamurai

Yoh!

So rather than address my  feedback for individual areas of the game as of 9:5 I thought I might make a nice juicy couple 'o paragraphs relating to different things and also try to give some reflections on general community thought right now. I always love a good conversation, so, lets begin. 

Operation Arid Tears

So as we round out into what would have been the last days of the event there seems to be some things that need to be addressed. Firstly I believe it should be noted that DE are humans, and this is beta. I can give as much money to a child to fund his finger painting but his not going to be picasso any time soon.

The way Arid was handled seems both good and bad. Im VERY happy that DE decided to make this event (A planned or public social occasion) through the use of alerts (Quick to notice any potential danger). Now im not the bee's proverbial knees but Im pretty sure this was to cater to the people that could attend it.

Yea, allot of people missed out, hell I only got to use 10 of my keys, but guess what... Thats because I wasn't available. DE owes me about as much as I owe it, a fat load of nothing. The event was scheduled, and alerts were sent out, the diligent people without anything else to do got to go to the party, everyone else had to go to work or feed the dogs. Welcome to the real world.

Next Level Design: Washing machine.

While I agree with the way AF was handled in terms of timeframe and frequency it was very lack lustre in terms of content. Either these Global Objectives are important or they're not, make up your mind DE. If they are something that requires videos and propaganda then by all means hype that mothertenno up, but carry that through, don't just smack some capture missions together and a crappy time sink foundry side. 

I'm going with the left side of the field on this one and I'm going to stamp my foot like a two year old and demand more, because I thought that was pretty crap.

The Aftermath: Phobos and the GSettlements

Wow, just... wow. I have to get you a medal or something because you made me feel worth it. This is progression, this is the use of resources and my money, this is the kind of things i love to see. It amazes me how one style of planet can completely change the way i view their level designer.  

Whoever thought it would be a good idea to have 99.9% of maps in a small ship space filled with mindless AI was an idiot, however in my most humble opinion i feel that these maps are perhaps the biggest step in the right direction that iv seen. 

Artificial Imbeciles

I kid you not this game has some of the worst AI issues ive seen in ANY format or platform, its truly atrocious. As much as I super love the new content, if my "hostage" gets stuck under a staircase one more time im never playing rescue again.

If I go to wave 14 on a t3 defence and one of the teapots gets stuck in a wall, im going to demand a portion of my life back, seriously, that felt really really gross. And I question how consistently people have to bring this up before someone takes it on board.

Its a Bugs Life

No really, anyone who has even the slightest experience with the design process or coding knows that with every bug you squash you make 10 babies. Even if you get out the pesticides it can be really hard to get rid of them. Also if they add new content in a beta and its buggy DE is doing it right, its a beta, its not going to be perfect. 

Additional comments

Keep my mother out of this. 

Operation Arid Tears

Yea, allot of people missed out, hell I only got to use 10 of my keys, but guess what... Thats because I wasn't available. DE owes me about as much as I owe it, a fat load of nothing. The event was scheduled, and alerts were sent out, the diligent people without anything else to do got to go to the party, everyone else had to go to work or feed the dogs. Welcome to the real world.

This is the only problem I had with the event - overall it was fun to run (and ran we did) with clan members toward the goal of new maps (to say nothing of a new planet on the star chart).

My problem is that the event was supposed to run for 6 days. When I was finally able to log in to play Monday after work I was disappointed to find that the event had ended prematurely. Now it's my turn to stomp on the ground like a two year old. 

(+1, btw)

Edited by jBounds

This is the only problem I had with the event - overall it was fun to run (and ran we did) with clan members toward the goal of new maps (to say nothing of a new planet on the star chart).

My problem is that the event was supposed to run for 6 days. When I was finally able to log in to play Monday after work I was disappointed to find that the event had ended prematurely. Now it's my turn to stomp on the ground like a two year old. 

(+1, btw)

We we're given 6 days to do it, not have it run for 6 days. I absolutely understand the confusion because the way they showed the day counter made alot of people assume it had that many done out of the 6. Unfortunately it was ( and clear to others due to past events ) a time limit.

Thanks for the +1And+I+love+you+random+citizen+_580519538