Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nemesis Mode - Concept

alpenhornblazer

I´ll admit it, the most memorable scenes in this overall adorable game I had with the stalker. DE pretty much showed that a lot of the warframe abilities can be twisted to make the gameplay more challenging: Sargas Ruk has Mags Bullet attractor, Grineer Commanders have Lokis Switch Teleport, the Stalker has Excaliburs Slash Dash etc.

What if players could craft their own stalker/twisted warframe and send him/out on missions to derail other warframes missions? This "Stalkframe" would act pretty much like your average Stalker, except you would have to level him up like a regular Warframe, he would have the regular four slots for abilities that could either be randomly selected the moment you craft him/her (so he/sehe could Trinitys Blessing/Rhinos Stomp/Ashs Smoke screen/Mags Shield Polarize).

He/She would get his own wepaons mods etc. and you could send him to the field to stalk other Players.

You could set preferences for him/her like: attack only solo players, attack only Frosts, attack only people from this and that Clan, and then mark him for duty. He would be driven by AI of course, not be playable.

Similar to nightmare missions there is a new category of "Nemesis" missions, whenever a player clicks on the mission the game chooses one of this "personalized" stalkers from the playerpool and sends him in to kill his prey. Whenever this Stalkframe is killed the RNG drops some of the weapon BPs or mods he is actually using. Whenever he kills a player he gets one of this players Weapons BP/Mods as Loot. So whenever I lock in to Warframe I get a Filedreport how much kills my Stalkframe made and get to collect the loot he made.

Sure there should be a pool of abilities Stalkframes could choose from (and Bastille/Molecular Prime should definitively not be in there) and what he might lack in ultimates he could made up with increased toughness (like double the start values an average warframe has).

What do you think of such a mode?

Edited by alpenhornblazer

i think someone has been playing a lot of champions online but otherwise a good concept if a bit flawed as most players will either outfit their nemesis with the rarest gear or make them stupidly overpowered so that there is more rare gear in circulation and so that they can kill as many players as possible and gain as much loot as possible

I agree with silersponge.

Balancing would be a big issue with this one because some players who have intention to troll would outfit their Stalkers with stupidly overpowered gear and then send them after solo players. And it would be very annoying to constantly have a high powered player-created, formad etc etc stalker one-shotting you every few missions. 

Playing as stalker would actually bring this game to much into PvP terrain. Also I´m realistic, it should not be too much complication for the programming department be involved. The Stalker AI is fully capable of handling itself and some of the warframe abilities already work on the AI, and the concept of a "companion" AI is realized in the Sentinels. This would only introduce a metagame to spice things up, since the Stalker with his current Loadout is beaten too easily for experienced players.

Edited by alpenhornblazer

I agree with silersponge.

Balancing would be a big issue with this one because some players who have intention to troll would outfit their Stalkers with stupidly overpowered gear and then send them after solo players. And it would be very annoying to constantly have a high powered player-created, formad etc etc stalker one-shotting you every few missions. 

The cornerstone of this concept is of course that you have to choose willingly (by choosing a Nemesis mission) that you get the Stalkframe ingame, so I´m sure if I´m getting destroyed many times in a row, I will only bring my best option to the game.