Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Bladestorm

ROSING

So it looks really cool. But is it just me, or does it now only target 7 people?

Unlucky you.

Although my maximum atm is 12, but they need to be very close to each other (since i'm not using stretch) and only get to kill that amount when soloing. Otherwise, teammates will kill my targets

Although my maximum atm is 12, but they need to be very close to each other (since i'm not using stretch) and only get to kill that amount when soloing. Otherwise, teammates will kill my targets

Max targets for Blade Storm are 13. Though Ash's arithmetic skill just sucks, he can't count to 13 - even if all prerequisites are fulfilled.

Max targets for Blade Storm are 13. Though Ash's arithmetic skill just sucks, he can't count to 13 - even if all prerequisites are fulfilled.

Prior the new animation it was 16, there was even a thread i made wondering why i was hitting 14+ at the moment.

Atm, the max is unknown since wikia is kinda outdated.

If there are 13 target near the area of the 1st marked, you will kill 13, unless some are outside the area (they are marked red) or another teammate kills it

If there are 13 target near the area of the 1st marked, you will kill 13, unless some are outside the area (they are marked red) or another teammate kills it

As much as I would love to agree with you, that just simply isn't true. Bladestorm targets whatever number of people regardless of who's in range. I've Bladestormed in a group of at least 20+ multiple times and only hit 7-8. It's still broken. It's been broken. It's was probably added into the game broken. Somehow they look at Ember before Ash...nothing is wrong with Ember, besides an incredibly OP WoF.

Edited by Eulo

As much as I would love to agree with you, that just simply isn't true. Bladestorm targets whatever number of people regardless of who's in range. I've Bladestormed in a group of at least 20+ multiple times and only hit 7-8. It's still broken. It's been broken. It's was probably added into the game broken. Somehow they look at Ember before Ash...nothing is wrong with Ember, besides an incredibly OP WoF.

This!

It seems to me that when the power is activated, It looks at how many enemies are in the radius of the ability and goes 1 by 1 to a max of 13 (I think, correct me if wrong). This bothers me too because the power would be more ideal if you used the ability and then the radius was recalculated each time you struck an enemy. Often times, in defense missions for example, by the time ash is done killing four or five and the ability stops, he comes back and is surrounded by a bunch more enemies.

I'd also like to add that I hate using bladestorm with nova's. it seems like half the time I get to kill three or four, everyone blows up, and I just wasted a bunch of energy. =(

Edited by RedlineRonin

It seems to me that when the power is activated, It looks at how many enemies are in the radius of the ability and goes 1 by 1 to a max of 13 (I think, correct me if wrong). This bothers me too because ideal like the power would be more ideal if you used the ability and then the radius was recalculated each time you struck an enemy.

I think this is correct, but Ash is still not able to count to 13 (14,16 whatever). 20 enemies in range, clustered tight together,

in a single room, activate Blade Storm at a short distance ---> Ash kills 7 targets. That happened so many times...

Edited by Cryp2Nite

I agree with RedlineRonin, the ability seems wasted when paired with Nova's Molecular Prime in anything mid to low level at least. High level the damage doesn't scale as well as much else and sometimes feel like I can do much more with the time it wastes on the animation sequence. In fact that's my main gripe with Bladestorm. You hit 4 then pray nothing critical happens when you're stuck in the animation. Like on defense I'll do it when it seems safe to but my eye's won't be admiring the animations, I'll be glued to the Cryo pod/etc's health bar hoping the animation ends asap so I can do something about it before MISSION FAIL...

My suggestion to DE would just be to make it do what I does currently but allows you to still control Ash and do stuff while your "mirages" jump around randomly hitting things. Make it last for a set duration of time rather than the number of enemies still alive =< 13, then if everything does happen to die and there's still time left in the ability you might be able to move Ash to a new location where the ability can still get in a shot or two before ending.

The reason BS occasionally doesn't hit max targets has to do with rooms. A lot of rooms have an invisible barrier between then that messes with a lot of skills, so say there's a crowd of mobs half in one room and half in another and you BS them - you'll only hit the mobs that are in the room of the mob you first targeted.

This isn't always true, because some rooms that appear to be two separate rooms the game actually counts as the same room, with a big wall and doorway running down the middle of it. It's a really weird issue and does need to be addressed.

The reason BS occasionally doesn't hit max targets has to do with rooms. A lot of rooms have an invisible barrier between then that messes with a lot of skills, so say there's a crowd of mobs half in one room and half in another and you BS them - you'll only hit the mobs that are in the room of the mob you first targeted.

This isn't always true, because some rooms that appear to be two separate rooms the game actually counts as the same room, with a big wall and doorway running down the middle of it. It's a really weird issue and does need to be addressed.

...in a single room...

It is happened to me at Xini at the pod, nearly everywhere in the Void, just at every Tile-Set...everywhere.

I doubt that there are that much "barriers"...

I'd also like to add that I hate using bladestorm with nova's. it seems like half the time I get to kill thereof four, everyone blows up, and I just wasted a bunch of energy. =(

Actually In high level, high wave defense its the opposite, a prime means you'll outright kill most things and heavily damage what's around them. Especially if its the Grineer thanks to armor scaling. I like playing Ash with a Nova for that reason.

Actually In high level, high wave defense its the opposite, a prime means you'll outright kill most things and heavily damage what's around them. Especially if its the Grineer thanks to armor scaling. I like playing Ash with a Nova for that reason.

This is completely true. Imho, the only problem is that it becomes a single scenario case pretty quick. So the power is fine for high level, high wave defense but then the enjoyment of the power is completely subjective to how much someone plays high level, high wave defense (hardly ash's specialty. Try volunteering your services in a T3 D void run as an Ash. Everyone wants the old standby's often times.)

You're absolutely dead on about it scaling a ton better when Nova's ult doesn't just obliterate everything on screen though.

Another small step in the right direction would be to simply let it hit the same enemy more than once, up until they're dead. This way you'd be doing a larger amount of damage in most cases. It still doesn't help much against low level enemies because, at the end of the day, the ability moves slower than every other ult, but in higher tier waves, T3 D for example, it would be great to hit some of those heavies multiple times. Considering how much damage M Prime does, I don't think this is too unbalancing either.

Edited by RedlineRonin