Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Onslaught - Help for slower Computers

SilentClockwork

As I started playing Onslaught with friends today, they questioned why it was taking a while for the Conduits (The Portals connecting one Zone to the next) to spawn. I tilted my head and said that it normally took a while for them to spawn at least for me when I tried soloing it. We tested a bit and came to the conclusion that people with more potato-like computers/net make the conduits just take longer to spawn. For me, it takes about 20-40% Onslaught efficiency to drop before the portal shows up, which makes getting far pretty much impossible.

I'm hoping that maybe that a fix is in the works for this, but we came up with some ways to maybe help everyone have a fair chance to get as far as other people. The conclusion we came up with was maybe as soon as the timer for the round stops, to have the efficiency either freeze at its current percentage until the portal actually spawns or recude the efficiency's decay significantly during the wait for the portal.

TLDR: Slower computer/internet makes portals in Onslaught take forever so I propose that maybe once the timer for each round ends, the efficiency percentage stops or slows down until the portal spawns.

Well, one idea I had during night was to make the enemies keep spawning until the portal "decides" to appear so that it becomes possible to keep the efficency high before going to the next area. Right now it just feels like that Simaris is trying to make the Tenno feel bad when farming Khora because of this.

Aside from the many problems that the Sanctuary Onslaught has, this game mode doesn't even feel like a true endgame or anything, even the elite version, rather just another game mode that doesn't have much that is relevant. I really prefered when this was actually meant to be a rework of Dark Sectors, in fact maybe those first choices would be better in the end. Who knows?