Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proposal for scaling Endless Mission rewards

Simmml

As discussed in yesterday's devstream in my opinion SOME FORM of scaling in endless mission rewards is needed. I am well aware of no one wanting to make long
runs the new meta. The issue as of now I feel is the laughable rewards after 30+ minutes. Following is a suggestion as to how this could be potentially remedied.

Currently all endless missions follow the A A B C pattern. This is perfectly fine, BUT...

Firstly I would propose a 'rotation multiplier' for Endo and Credit rewards.

Example:
Rotation A rewards either 2000 credits or 100 Endo at base. The second rotation A reached has a multiplier of 2 for just these two rewards.
So staying for 25 minutes potentially yields 4000 crerdits or 200 endo. The third rotation A could have a multiplier of 4. The reward would be 8000 credits
or 400 endo. This could be scaled up in increments of 2. So 3rd rotation could be 6x, 4th rotation 8x. Noone would farm this as new credit or
endo aquisition meta mission, however it would make crerdit or endo rewards 1h in feel less like a kick in the teeth.

A second proposition would be to reduce/eliminate common/uncommon mod drop chances the longer you stay and adding the now free % of drop chance
to Endo and Credit rewards.

Example:
Rotation A has a 20% drop chance for Endo and credits, and a 15% chance for the mod Vitality. The second rotation A only has a 10% chance for the mod Vitality,
but a 22.5% chance to award endo or credits. On the third rotation A the chancce for a Vitality mod would be only 5% while Credit and Endo rewards at now at 25%.

Both of these changes combined would mean that those missions are not new farming meta, but would feel a lot more rewarding to play without messing up
chances for rare items in case you want to 'casually run a 20 minute survival' without being penalized for not staying a very long time.

Edited by Simmml

We know that rewards not scaling is a problem. But i wonder how many players are willing to stay in defenses/survivals much longer anyway. I'm pretty sure that there aren't many of them. Endlesses require some effort, decent builds , study and pratice, good team work and coordination. You don't see those things around very often because, maybe, people want more no brain fast missions than harder ones (at least from my experience). Also recruiting for 1hr survival it's not so easy (i'm on console, maybe on pc is different).

I support your suggestions, but there should be at least some rework of the group mechanics in the future, some considerations on how the large player base (mostly newcomers and mid level)  is trained: everything in this game is so fricking easy from the start. Too much in my opinion. So easy and quick that you really have to love challenges for entering a  150+ level situation. Why would you bother with that (unless you're a vet and a youtuber)? Rewards of course, but there must be something really valuable. Like Arcanes after 1hr / 40 waves, i don't know, just saying.

Hi! I'm new. Just thought of what if the rotations appeared randomly and tried to make some rules around it. Guess I'm leaving it here.

It involves scaling and adds a new rotation (let's call it D), which includes the rarest rewards from the other loot tables.

What I'm trying to suggest  (which i was going to  write at the end) in letters will look like : A A B C  B B C A  C B C D - representing the chances of appearing from left to right. The main points I came up with are:

• Rotation A will have 50% chance of happening which will be preserved if it hasn't appeared once ( B and C have 25% while this is the case); 
  • Rotation A can appear 3 times totally. Then, rotation B can appear once only but  not less than 4 times in a match.
  • Each rotation can appear only twice in a row;
  • D can appear only after 4 rotations.

This means we likely will get rotation A and random combination with possible 2 rotations B or C in the usual {A A B C}set.

And next B (on and after rotation 5) will have 50%. Rotation A can appear only once from now on till the end of the match . At this point we introduce the new rotation, whose chances will be gradually increasing (let's say starting at 5%) and rotation A chances will slowly decrease. For this reason, reward rates of D should be opposite to the other rotations - rarest drops from C will have the highest chances in D. At this point RNG comes into play and it can be limited by changing the number of subsequent repeats for a rotation, which will limit D's appearance or changing when the lowest rotation gets 50% chance. I was going to suggest unlimited repeats of tables B and C but this may prolong the things too much. After the third rotation A, B can occur only once with percentage decreasing in favor of rotation D. After that I haven't really thought. Maybe keep C and D rotations. 

Hey, I like the idea of casting a vote to remove an item off the rewards list every rotation.. keeps the player having to work harder for specific items they want.. also lets players "pick up and play" just for 20 minutes as the chance for all the items are in the first rotation without hours of commitment.