The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Game visuals freezing (while game sound and events don't)

AtomicNuclearZarkiel

Started happening after update 22.18.

Some times, usually in the plains or after plains->cetus transition, but some times in other missions too, screen completely freezes up including all the visuals, mouse and UI, but the game sound continues to go on and I can hear players and enemies still doing things like shooting and using abilities. Apparently it extracts fine too if other players extract, and i get the sounds of ship flying loading screen and then my orbiter, but no visual update happens - game still frozen on the visuals of the mission.

Trying to make a screenshot with F6 plays a screenshot camera shutter sound, but no actual screenshot is taken (does not appear in the folder).

Only restarting the game helps at this point. Happened a few times during eidolon hunt and Sanctuary onslaught which were especially annoying.

I updated the Nvdia drivers, and the problem continues. The game is 100% guaranteed to freeze on index, but i've yet to experience a freeze on Orokin Derelict missions, i think it's something related to the light effects.

Ok Guys, an update on the subject.

I disabled both DX10,and 11, as mentioned above, after updating nvdia drivers with geforce experience; the freeze still happens, but the screen will blink and the game will come back in a few seconds after i press ESC.

No idea what's happening, but i can do index now lol.

I'l play a couple more hours, if i'l get a difinitive freeze,i'l report here.