Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beta+

RaianStar

How about running the game with two builds, Beta and Beta+? That way you could test your patches before massive glitches affect the entire community?

This is probably neither technically realistic nor efficient but I figured it might be worth a shout.

How about running the game with two builds, Beta and Beta+? That way you could test your patches before massive glitches affect the entire community?

This is probably neither technically realistic nor efficient but I figured it might be worth a shout.

Actually, it's not that uncommon to see games do this. They release "updates" in the test version/server/build one or two weeks before the official/non-test one... to polish things and avoid catastrophes. A very famous example of this was Dota 2.

Sadly, probably it is out of the question for DE at their current situation.

It's been discussed in the past, with DE thinking about allowing a test test build for Design Councillors, but meh. We are already testing for a reason; Whilst limiting a test to a subsection may be nice, it's just more hassle for them to manage and sandbox everything a second time for test testers.

Edited by Azure_Kyte

I think it would be much easier on DE if they had this. The recent Fusion Core/mod kerfuffle comes to mind. They could have easily identified the problem (and fixed it) instead of having to deal with the grief from upset players. In the latest stream, DE were bombarded with comments about the Fusion Core issue when really it should have been about updating and improving the game quality. I think it would save a lot of time and energy in the long run, even if initially it could mean a lot of teething problems.