The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Framerate Drop

Zephon

In the Grineer Settlement the framerate drops over time. It starts out just fine at the beginning of the level, then the longer i stay in the mission, the more the framerate drops. I have a Nvidia GTX 550 TI, latest drivers.

Are you killing all the enemies? skipping a ton of enemies can really bog down your CPU especially if it's not all that great to begin with.

Usually yes, i don't rush through levels, so most of the times i kill all the enemies i see. I also take A LOT of time exploring the level, especially since it's a new tileset, and the problem seems somehow related to this. The more time i spend in the mission, the worse performance drop i get.

Quite a few people have been having framerate drops since the latest update.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/94699-anybody-else-have-problems-with-4core-cpus/

Well that also may be the cause, even though i got an i7.

The game engine will treat your i7 processor as a four core quad processor since like many games out there, it does not make use of hyperthreading.

This performance issue is a known issue which affects different types of setups regardless of AMD or nVidia, hyperthreading or not.

There probably needs to be optimizations in the new settlement tileset along with other areas in different tile sets which they have worked on adding new textures to.

In the Grineer Settlement the framerate drops over time. It starts out just fine at the beginning of the level, then the longer i stay in the mission, the more the framerate drops. I have a Nvidia GTX 550 TI, latest drivers.

i have this EXACT issue.  the new areas are fast, with no issues, then... they start to slowly deteriorate.  towards the end of the lvl, the performance is terrible.   i had a long mission once, and half way through it was one of the worst gaming experiences i've had with fps loss.  couldn't quit and reload, as i'd lose everything so i stuck it out, and it sucked.