Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Maybe) Another Idea To Modify Skills / Raise The Long Time Motivation -> Add New Element To The Game

MuhhhhKuh

Hy everyone,

i don't know if my idea is new or not, but at least i like it :) (and i dont know what to do atm so i write it down :D)

In short it would not nerf or change the old system of using skills or similar, you can still spam skills and so on.

It only contains a new element, maybe i can call it "willpower" (or call it whatever you want, i found no better word for it ^^).

You can get this "willpower" for actions in the game (damaging foes, revive, heal friends).

If your "willpower" reach 50% you will get a small buff if you use a skill (extra dmg, increased range or similar).

If it fills up 100% the buff should be much greater.

If you have used a skill, some or all of the current collected willpower will be used. (at least only if more then 50% is already collected and the buff is added to the skill)

This system should only be active if your warframe has reached level 30.

Additionaly i would like to see to add a "skill tree" that only has effect on how your "willpower" will affect skills.

Those skillpoints you can collect from Level 30 and upwards, for maybe another 30 levels. (During those level ups you dont get any other advantages then those skillpoints, no addional HP,/ Energy or mod slots.)

#####################################

The advantage i see in this system, is that people that spam skills can proceed like they do atm, but those who can wait, will get a nice boost to their skills.

######################################

Below some more detailed thoughts:

Why to add a new game element?

Right now i have nearly played 300 ingame hours, have most of the warframes played and it feels slowly but surely that i'm done with game. Also I would like to see a bit more complex system if using skills. (Ok not realy complex, but at least some more options).

How to collect "willpower" ?

I'm not totaly sure what would be the balanced way to raise it, but right now i would thing the best way could be:

- will not raise from kills or damage done from skills.

- will raise for each shot that also has hit an enemy, only added once per shot, not affected if hit multiple enemies

- will raise if damage is done to enemies

- will raise if you revive a teammate

- will raise if you heal mates (but only a small amount)

- will raise if you get damage (also only small amouint)

It should need some time till the bar has reached 100%, so the max amount should not set too less.

Rapid firing weapons should have an advantage to fill this bar faster then slow shooting high damage weapons.

This would buff all those weapons that lack of usability cause they run out of ammo fast.

How it will affect skills?

The idea i had first in mind was that it will only affect the first skill of a warframe, and the last one.

Main idea is to massivly buff the 1st skill: If you use the 1 skill during 100% is reached, that it woul use a complete more devastating version of the 1st skill, but i thing this is too hard to integrate to the game, but would still be nice (for example saryns Venom, it would not only affect 1 enemy, it will become an aoe with additional damage, and you can still expand it by shooting the "poison bubbles".

For the other frames similar, only a much more greater impact for the enemy then usualy if used.

Maybe if this is too much, you can ignore it.

-----------------------------------

The more simple possibility is to add different buffs to your skills (without redesign the first skill)

You can choose how this would affect those, with the use of earned skillpoints to increase for example damge, range, duration and similar, but you will not be able to max everything, so you have to choose :).

A good skilltree has to be designed for it that it has more influence and posibilities to individualize your warframe.

The full buff is only done if your bar is at 100%, if over 50% you will only get a 1/3 from the buff.

Also if it is not clear, your skills would still cost energy, also with "willpower".

But you can use them like now, only the buff is not added.

The stronger the skill, the more "willpower" will be used.

(skill 1 should use 1 quarter, skill 4 should use all of the collected "willpower".)

Like said above you would be able to raise the level of your warframe higher then now,

but it should not be normal levels, those should not be affected if you use a forma. but the amount of exp. should be high to reach max level, to have a bit more motivation if you play a warframe longer.

Also those additional levels should note give any mastery points (or should they? ôÔ)

Thats it so far, sorry for my english, but hope you can read and understand what i mean :)

Thanks for reading, and what do you think for this kind of change in the game?

Or any thoughts to improve this?

Seems a little overly-complicated.

not realy it is only much text :D

The most complicated thing is to design a skill tree and the way how you gain "willpower", the other stuff is done by the game, no additional keys to press or similar.

Look's like the Class bar from Torchlight 2.

You know each X thing you do fills the bar,when you X % of the bar you receive buffs.

Never played Torchlight, but yes this is not a new idea, have played some games with a bar that fills through ingame actions and then you can use a specified power or similar. But have not seen this as a suggestion for warframe (also there are tons of very good ideas within this forum already:)

I thought of making skills similar to Diablo 3 rune style, so you can upgrade each skill in a specific way. Ex. increase damage or radius, even give the skill some new properties. Imagine that friendly fire can pass from outside the Frost Snow globe or it could have a chance of stunning enemies inside for a few seconds. Or Rhino Iron skin could do massive damage when broken or briefly stun enemies. What would you choose? Something like this could be done to pretty much every skill making the system deeper and more interesting by offering you yet another meaningful choice.