Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Glad Acrid Finally Got That Much Needed Buff

xveganrox

I don't know how you think it works but adding AP is not turning your weapons damage into Armor Ignoring rainbows. You get 90% of base damage as extra damage (now) where in 70% of all cases you do exactly that... 90% extra damage because the Enemy modifiers for AP are between 0.5 (infested) and 2.0 (Corpus Heads). Tripled their armor bypass? Sorry to disappoint but.. no. ^^

You talk of properly build stuff.. let me tell you a properly build Acrid fucks all the other tiny pistols neatly in the butt and laughs... up to enemy levels where no other gun is viable anymore (not even the Twin-VIps or some throwing knifes) and only Sonar or M. Prime makes stuff die... and then.. just then you may put away the Acrid and switch back to your Snipetron Vandal to make use of Sonar.

The weapon previously only had 30% AP. Going to 90% AP is a gain of 200% more AP. That's 3x the previous damage output when shooting against infinite armor (what I tend to look at when I'm not throwing things into an actual dps calculator).

Sure, chargers soak 50% due to resistances. Chargers also don't break 200 armor (1/3 resist) until after level 100.

Same with the armor on Corpus Crewmen, actually, though their heads are immune to Bullet damage (and don't apply armor).

Sure, it deals amazing damage... Despair deals 24% or so less damage assuming for every acrid dart fired, one despair knife is thrown. If Despair fires an average of 24% faster, they're actually equal DPS. The reason is because Acrid is 25% frontloaded, 75% backloaded- meaning it takes *time* to apply most of its damage. Ammo efficiency-wise, yes, the Acrid is better, but in terms of DPS it's really not *that* much better than the Despair, even with macros, as semiauto is still framelocked.

Lanka is way better than the Snidal for guaranteeing a oneshot. Snidal's 1's can still fail to kill on sonar, and the last few waves of T3 Defense can actually tank a sonar shot decently often. Lanka on the other hand, outside of select bosses (assuming you don't have Primed Chamber), nothing in my experience that is lv130 or lower can tank a Lanka sonar shot. In addition it can still oneshot on headshot for a lot longer period of time compared to the Snidal, which is nice since Sonar's glitched at the current moment.

Anyways, you're clearly one of Those Guys that only ever cares about using the stronkest of the stronk, even though you don't need to to still do well unless you're doing something stupid (HWD).

This buff actually greatly improved the viability of the non-bypassing pistols. And if you were to actually give them a chance (and some love), you'd find they work pretty damn well.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

Can we have an armour piercing damage boost to rifles please? I was kinda under the impression that pistols were supposed to have higher blunt, brutal and plain damage while rifles would enjoy better crit and armour-piercing damage.

I wouldn't be surprised if they nerf it down some after they fix armor scaling. Right now, this buff was probably mostly there to try and mix up what secondaries people are using by massively buffing the damage output of the armor-#*($%%@ ones.

I wouldn't be surprised if they nerf it down some after they fix armor scaling. Right now, this buff was probably mostly there to try and mix up what secondaries people are using by massively buffing the damage output of the armor-#*($%%@ ones.

Even though the problem-causing weapons was probably overdue for a nerf anyway. Even after armour is fixed they have pretty ridiculous DPS.

Even though the problem-causing weapons was probably overdue for a nerf anyway. Even after armour is fixed they have pretty ridiculous DPS.

Compared to what, exactly, though?

Remember, all of our damage mods and such are percentage based. Depending on how they tone down the armor issue, all that might be needed is a drop of the +Weapon Damage mod by like 50%.

Right now the only reason the armor-bypassing weapons seem OP is because no matter how you slice it, 25% is way less than 100%, and that's only 300 armor. Ancients *start* at 300 armor.