Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Captain Vor Help?!

xVSxKillShock

Oh man this guy just berates me so hard. I usually just end up running out of ammo :(. I can usually get him to a little less than half health but then i just run outta ammo. Maybe i'm just not leveled up enough? Any tips to fight this guy would be greatly appreciated. 

Excalibur frame level 8 with a player rank of 1.

I just started so don't judge too harshly lol

What are your weapon levels? Mods? etc. I know it's hard to gather up good mods early on, but I remember when I was just starting I had to run the starting missions several times before being ready to face the OLD Vor. I can only imagine how hard it is for new players now, who haven't gotten maxed out armor pierce mods...

Going up against Captain Vor for the first time, especially the new one, is going to be difficult. I would recommend doing this mission online with other players to help. And don't forget to use abilities. Using Radial Javelin would hurt him a lot. But for your first Vor battle, along with other bosses like Jackal and Sgt Nef Anyo, get a good squad to fight with.

my braton has the armor piercing hit and i've only got 2 abilities. but i hadn't fought him since i put the mods on so that would prolly help tons. everything else was pretty smooth sailing until i got to cap. vor lol. my braton is at 9 (i think) and my blade is at 4 with my pistol at 6. its all the starting gear though. i would play with my friend but he's not back from KY. I love the hell outta this game. and to think its only in beta ya know?

Oh and the abilities I have are the slide dash and a couple passive abilities like a shield upgrade and armor upgrade. I'll probably grind a little like you guys had suggested

Edited by xVSxKillShock

my braton has the armor piercing hit and i've only got 2 abilities. but i hadn't fought him since i put the mods on so that would prolly help tons. everything else was pretty smooth sailing until i got to cap. vor lol. my braton is at 9 (i think) and my blade is at 4 with my pistol at 6. its all the starting gear though. i would play with my friend but he's not back from KY. I love the hell outta this game. and to think its only in beta ya know?

Oh and the abilities I have are the slide dash and a couple passive abilities like a shield upgrade and armor upgrade. I'll probably grind a little like you guys had suggested

Yeah. Also, pay attention for alerts on Mercury. Get up enough money and buy the standard Braton. It's a huge upgrade from the MK-1 for damage and fire rate, but you will need to level it back up. Slash Dash is the only ability you really need on Excal, it's incredibly effective as you improve it. Work up piercing hit, since it's a common mod and must have against Grineer. If you don't really understand the fusion system, there are videos explaining it on youtube. If you want to add me in game feel free, I have almost everything and could help you out when I have time.

man that would be awesome. but i'm a prideful mofo so i'll definitely get this done myself. but yeah man, i'll definitely add ya though Silver. thanks for the info. now to grind

Oh yeah son! just smoked his a$$. used all of my ammo again so I had to do hit and run melee attacks on him. Man that fight was epic lol. 

Edited by xVSxKillShock