Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions: Persistent Squads, Optimal Host

KriLL3

Persistent squads: We've all done it and none of us like it, if you want to play a couple void missions with your friends you need to re-invite them between each mission, and warframe's netcode is wonky enough to make that not a sure thing, allow squads to remain post void missions same as post regular missions. Would allow players to play several void missions in a row much more easily.

Optimal host: Instead of making the person that invites everyone the host at least give the option to relinquish that role, instead have all the clients ping each other and the client that would result in an overall lowest ping is used as the host.

This would solve the problem mentioned in the latest live stream of people very far away from the rest wanting to use their void keys, doesn't matter who provides the key, the optimal host for the whole is picked, which means if you're on the other side of the globe from the other 3 one of them is host, you'll have sub-optimal performance no way to get around that even with dedicated servers, but they can "carry" you.

Could also mean that anyone in the squad can invite.

Persistent squads: We've all done it and none of us like it, if you want to play a couple void missions with your friends you need to re-invite them between each mission, and warframe's netcode is wonky enough to make that not a sure thing, allow squads to remain post void missions same as post regular missions. Would allow players to play several void missions in a row much more easily.

Optimal host: Instead of making the person that invites everyone the host at least give the option to relinquish that role, instead have all the clients ping each other and the client that would result in an overall lowest ping is used as the host.

This would solve the problem mentioned in the latest live stream of people very far away from the rest wanting to use their void keys, doesn't matter who provides the key, the optimal host for the whole is picked, which means if you're on the other side of the globe from the other 3 one of them is host, you'll have sub-optimal performance no way to get around that even with dedicated servers, but they can "carry" you.

Could also mean that anyone in the squad can invite.

+1

but for squads to be persistent, we'd also need to be able to activate void keys without having to go solo first

+1. As a player with constant internet issues (at least currently while I'm still home for the rest of the 'summer'), this would be a great addition. I have so many keys that I've gotten from defense missions, but no one ever wants to play with me again after I'm the host :( lol.

It's like I've got internet chlamydia or something :((