Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Microtransaction Feedback (Pricing / Item Information)

TDKPyrostasis

First my apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong forum. Wasn't sure if this was a gameplay feedback or website feedback so figured I'd toss this here.

I just recently stumbled upon warframe when a few of my subscribers recommended I try the game out. I'm very impressed and like the game. My issues are mainly with the microtransaction system currently implemented, specifically pricing. Please keep in mind this is simply my opinion.

Microtransactions are simply that Micro, however most of the warframes in game seem to require around a $30 dollar purchase to buy. Yes you can buy two $20 packs to get some but your still dumping $20 - $30 for some of them.

I believe that price point is just a bit too high. $5 -$10 per warframe would most likely give you a better conversion.

I also think you should take a page out of planetsides book and let people try a warframe or weapon for 30 - 60 minutes or for a single mission. A lot of the warframes look cool, but its hard to see the differences for a new player. A mission with a warframe or weapon will let me know if its something I want to spend my money on or if its something that I should pass on.

In your equipment shop a lot of the items are EXTREMELY vague. Your boosters for instance do not give a duration. Am I buying a bonus for a mission, an hour, a day, a week... etc etc.

IMO you should also customize the sizes. Allow people to buy hourly, weekly, and even monthly. Possibly a combined cash / exp booster for $15 - $20 a month?

I think some of these would encourage more purchases, you might not make as much bang per sale but it would definitely encourage more sales.

i would like to be able to sort and organize gear..weps mods.as of buying frames ..u can grind for them saves u money till u have to buy other components to expand that particulair frames performance and weapons.Only thing is u wait for days while your frame is being built.no biggie.Have seen worse cs business modles..ie world of tanks . pwi..list goes on.Iam happy with this system hope is doesnt change.and no to gfarmers and thier type.

i would like to be able to sort and organize gear..weps mods.as of buying frames ..u can grind for them saves u money till u have to buy other components to expand that particulair frames performance and weapons.Only thing is u wait for days while your frame is being built.no biggie.Have seen worse cs business modles..ie world of tanks . pwi..list goes on.Iam happy with this system hope is doesnt change.and no to gfarmers and thier type.

You definitely can grind for them, but as a company I would think they'd rather people purchase them than grind for them and at a $30 price point its a bit off putting

Getting every part of a warframe takes time and credits and more time...so if you want to have it right now and avoid waits, that will have a cost...cause you didn't do anything to get it you'll have to pay some extra.

I have no issues "paying extra" I simply feel they are a bit too expensive.

The whole point of microtransaction supported gaming is that before a player spends a dime, by their very presence they are contributing to the games value for only a marginal upfront cost in server processing and bandwidth. He's jumping into peoples games, helping them grind levels and gear, chatting on the forums, telling his friends to play, KEEPING the game alive long after the "founders" have blitzkrieged to the endgame, got bored, and moved on to the next thing. But the GRIND in this game is way too long and anyone without gobs of disposable income to spare will be quickly driven away. Hell even the founders packs(which are apparently a good deal?) seem astronomically expensive/overpriced to me, just buying the plat outright is even worse. I'll tell you this, none of my friends who played the beta came away wanting to spend money on this game, certainly not at the level that bypassing any of the grinding would require so I'd recommend lowering prices, if you want to actually reach the critical mass player-base of viability that is. As it stands right now I predict a quick death to this games multiplayer as few gamers are willing to spend that much money and those that are will be done with this game within a few months, soon enough the servers will be a ghost town and prices/grinding will drop anyway in a desperate move to grab more players

IMO as always.

i have a founders pack the grand master one is a little to much but i decided to get the master one do to the pros and cons if you have control you can make you platnium last i purchased my founders same day update 6 came out and i still have plenty of platnium left over the boosters how ever did state it was for 3 days for 40 platnium they added the 7 days not to long ago so your arguement in that case is pointless 20-40 bucks can get you plenty if once again you know how to spend it determine what you want from the store and then callculate how much platnium you will need dont spend the excess platnium if you have it becuase there may be a update were they put something in the store you want

Edited by AcidHaze

<p>

i have a founders pack the grand master one is a little to much but i decided to get the master one do to the pros and cons if you have control you can make you platnium last i purchased my founders same day update 6 came out and i still have plenty of platnium left over the boosters how ever did state it was for 3 days for 40 platnium they added the 7 days not to long ago so your arguement in that case is pointless 20-40 bucks can get you plenty if once again you know how to spend it determine what you want from the store and then callculate how much platnium you will need dont spend the excess platnium if you have it becuase there may be a update were they put something in the store you want

20-40 bucks will buy half a dozen FULL GAMES on a good steam sale or bundle package, maybe I'm just poor, but I don't spend that kind of cash on F2P shooters. You say my argumant is pointless but watch and see, I'll bet that if prices stay the same this game will be dead inside of 6 months. you think I'm just being cheap but an online game lives and dies based on the size of it's community, setting prices this high is drastically limiting your target market and thus also limiting the size of your community. I kinda like the game, I'd like to see it succeed, I'm not just being cheap over here, I'm analyzing the pro' and con's, as well as the market. Who's been succesful as F2P? LoL obv and they're cheap as S#&$ with a half a billion strong community, Tribes Ascend? Nowhere near as bad a grind with a community of over 800k registered players(recently dropped pirces), I couldn't find any numbers on Planetside 2 but they also recently dropped prices and reduced xp grind, then you have Warframe, with probably a couple thousand beta applicants...there are retailers and websites just sitting on beta keys, hundreds of them because the game hasn't generated any hype in the PC gaming community. The only way I see this game lasting is to drop prices and boost their player base, a couple of thousand big spenders might be exactly what they are going for but I doubt it.

<p>with probably a couple thousand beta applicants...there are retailers and websites just sitting on beta keys, hundreds of them because the game hasn't generated any hype in the PC gaming community.

How does the lowering price of a Warframe get more people useing beta keys? You don't even see the prices until you are in the game.

How does the lowering price of a Warframe get more people useing beta keys? You don't even see the prices until you are in the game.

The beta keys are only a tiny portion of what I was trying to point out, I'm not talking about increasing the player-base for the BETA, I'm talking about when the game is actually released. I mention the beta key surplus only to illustrate that so far this game hasn't generated enough "hype" to justify those prices. Let me tell you, when I first logged in and saw the prices I was shocked, I thought surely this must be some joke of a placeholder put in by a mischievous tech just for the beta.