Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Small Suggestion] Making The Grineer Shield Lancer Better

crivers

This is just a small idea I've had about the grineer shield lancer and I thought I should see what other people thought about it. 

Grineer Shield lancers are supposed to help their fellow soldiers by providing cover against incoming bullets and tenno powers. That sounds like a great idea, except it doesn't execute very well. Sure you might come across that one shield lancer that knocks you on your back right out of nowhere, but even then he isn't that much of a threat, not to mention they move very slowly. Compared to the corpus tech that take a lot of hits AND can toss out shield ospreys that shield all his team mates, this one fails at his job miserably.

My suggestion to make them more effective and challenging is to either

A) Have more of them at a time so they can form a single line of shields, think of it as riot police trying to push back rioters, slowly advancing their position so they can lock them against a corner or wall. At least 4 in a line would be most effective and not too much of a hassle. The shield lancers can block bullets and powers same way as before and none of the power blocking stack on each other so it isn't annoying.

or

B) Instead of him having a riot shield all together, let him have a power similar to the sentinels sanctuary mod. He would be able to cast a small shield around him and his team mates would be able to stick nearby him providing firepower while he provides movable cover. His shield will be able to warframe powers and bullets until it breaks at a certain damage cap, he would not have a weapon to defend himself because he is busy maintaining the shield for his allies and his allies have to keep the tenno off him so the shield doesnt break.

What do you guys think of this?

Edited by crivers

It sounds neat but, if we're supposed to be ninjas we'll need an efficient way to circumvent his shield. For instance, we can destroy the shield osprey in one blow if we're in a pinch, but an Iron Skin-like power on enemies could really mess with the flow of action.

I quite like the riot police idea, it fits in with the low-tech theme of the Grineer and can be countered with melee, though not too easily.

I can't think of a way to soften the blow from this, so I'll just say it: the shield bubble idea is stupid. No offence.

Edited by CrazyCanadian24

I quite like the riot police idea, it fits in with the low-tech theme of the Grineer and can be countered with melee, though not too easily.

I can't think of a way to soften the blow from this, so I'll just say it: the shield bubble idea is stupid. No offence.

None taken, I thought it was something that didn't fit the grineer too much even though some enemies do have some of the warframes powers, like the commanders switch teleport and so on. To me it was just another alternative idea that I thought of, it seems like it would fit the corpus more I guess but at the same time wouldn't be a good idea seeing as they have shield ospreys already.