The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Severe FPS drop during missions.

NorthernBeast

Within the past few days I have experienced a bug/error that causes my FPS to tank. Before I had the error I was at a steady 60FPS with VSync on and reaching 120 to 180 FPS with it turned off and uncapping the FPS. However now after playing two or three missions my FPS will drop down to 15 to 30 FPS, which (console memes aside) is unplayable, as enemies will have moved out of the crosshair by the time you shoot, and there's no way to correct it because the frames aren't there to help. It's so bad that even bullet jumps feel clunky and slow, the exact opposite of what they should feel like.

Now having performance issues isn't necessarily an issue, just turn down the settings until you get steady FPS. The issue is that neither my CPU (i5-7600K) nor my GPU (MSI 1050Ti, 4GB) are under full load or thermally throttling (they've reached a max peak of 65C and on average sit around 55C). I don't know what is causing the issue which means I don't know what to change in an attempt to diagnose the issue.

I love this game and I hate that I can't play it without experiencing a giant stuttery mess that severely hinders the gameplay and beautiful graphics.

PS. On a possibly unrelated (but still graphics related) issue, sometimes the game will glitch out and make the screen freeze while the game keeps running in the background (as in I can still hear myself shooting and moving around) forcing my teammates to wait the full minute to extract as I can't get to the extraction point. I can still ALT+F4 the game and restart it, but I don't think that's an intended mechanic...

Edited by NorthernBeast