The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gamble

Warmonger1606

A gamble? The game is based on RNG, like many, many other Free2Play and Pay2Play/Own games before it.

If you don't like chance occurrences impacting your game, you may want to check out Chess or something, where everything is a result of two conflicting forces.

Additionally, if you are asking a question to which you think you know the answer, it is common courtesy to provide your reasoning as well, instead of merely saying "IS SO!" in reaction to somebody's differing opinion.

Edited by Azure_Kyte

like you have to run boss missions over and over to get the itam you want for example the mite over 100 runs and no blade. then they force you to buy the mite form the market because de knows that people will get lazy and rage

That's not a gamble; It's not costing you anything to do the mission. A gamble would be paying 25,000 credits to do the mission for a chance at a part.

Edited by aa777nx

The fact is, it's gambling both for no-plat and plat players. You can't go to market and buy Master Thief, you can buy a mod pack which will draw 5 random mods (most likely that will be abilities for frames).

Yes, plat user can get chance for better reward, but his stakes is real money, not only playing time. And big amount of plat could be dumped in the bin like buying weapons or some S#&$ty "What stalker?" pack.

if this is another "feedback" thread that you post only because you still can't get miter blade, then I'm sorry, it's nothing worth to discuss.

but if you're talking about our opinion, i don't think any gamble in this game (except transmutation). this is how a game work. you play it. you get something. if you still can't get it, you play it again. repeat. nothing is wasted except your time.

Of course it's gambling, the game is RNG based, chance is a fact of life. Does that mean I like it? No, but until it finally occurs to DE to replace/fix the current RNG, we'll all just have to live with it.

I have nothing against legitimate feedback threads regarding the RNG and possible fixes/replacements, but whining threads like this are just stupid and don't help at all.

Keep in mind: RNG does not necessarily equal a gamble.

Well, if you are sacrificing something at RNG/hidden springs-based thing, it IS gambling. And time is the resource too. More over, you can't add something to it. The other thing is youngsters has no abilities to make this time work on them. That's why it's not cost them anything, they think.

Well, if you are sacrificing something at RNG/hidden springs-based thing, it IS gambling. And time is the resource too. More over, you can't add something to it. The other thing is youngsters has no abilities to make this time work on them. That's why it's not cost them anything, they think.

I guess seeing time as a resource depends on your point of view. But like I said before, everything costs time, so I personally don't count it as a gambling material.  If it was, then doing schoolwork is a gamble, and posting on this forum is a gamble, and breathing is a gamble, and thinking is a gamble, and we all have a serious gambling addiction.

Edited by aa777nx

And I think you're missing my point. I don't believe RNG is a gamble in Warframe because you're not losing anything of significant value (keep in mind I'm ignoring Mod Packs because this thread is about players with no platinum). Say you're farming Xini for a Thunderbolt mod. Did you have to pay to go to Xini? No. If you don't get a Thunderbolt mod, can you go to Xini again for no cost? Sure.

Allow me to introduce my second point.  While you can say that you're spending time (which is a valid argument), would you have kept that time anyways? No. Time keeps passing, no matter what you do. Say you were playing poker, and you started with $50 that you borrowed from a friend. If you won the game, you could keep the extra money you made, but you would have to give the initial $50 back. See the point? Whether or not you won or lost, the $50 would have been lost regardless, so it's (arguably) not really costing you anything. My point here is that you're spending something that you would have lost regardless.

Edited by aa777nx

And I think you're missing my point. I don't believe RNG is a gamble in Warframe because you're not losing anything of significant value (keep in mind I'm ignoring Mod Packs because this thread is about players with no platinum). Say you're farming Xini for a Thunderbolt mod. Did you have to pay to go to Xini? No. If you don't get a Thunderbolt mod, can you go to Xini again for no cost? Sure.

Allow me to introduce my second point.  While you can say that you're spending time (which is a valid argument), would you have kept that time anyways? No. Time keeps passing, no matter what you do. Say you were playing poker, and you started with $50 that you borrowed from a friend. If you won the game, you could keep the extra money you made, but you would have to give the initial $50 back. See the point? Whether or not you won or lost, the $50 would have been lost regardless, so it's (arguably) not really costing you anything. My point here is that you're spending something that you would have lost regardless.

Your second point full of crap. If I'll lost this 50$, I will tear those bucks out of my pie, so there will be a losses. If I'll win, I'll have a 500-50=450. But if I won't do such stupid thing as playing pocker and simply will give money back, I'll be on my zero, not -50$.

Edited by Icouldjustkissyou