The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reverse Engineering Weapons

HAYABU5A

I respectfully propose a feature that will allow us to reverse the catalyst/forma process.

1: 250,000 – 1,000,000 credits to perform this process. This way newer players wont be able to abuse the process and it would make it somewhat of a significant/advanced decision the player has to make. Or alternatively orokin technology could be included in this advanced process such as orokin cells in addition to credits etc.

*edit* or as suggested by Irikyo ontop of resource cost there is a time restraint = u can only use it once a month*

2: I realize some players have A LOT of credits, so the process should perhaps be restricted to early tier weapons and exclude advanced prime and dojo weapons. (Many people have mistakenly invested too many resources in early tier weapons via lack of understanding of game mechanics or knowing there is exactly the same weapon available later except better)

3: OR at the very least in the case of a multi-forma’d weapon allow the removal of JUST the catalyst, this has some balance in that forma are so much more easily acquired and would still provide a similar result but then at the cost of credits and forma making it more significant.

At first glance this may seem counterproductive as players are preferred to spend platinum on more forma and catalyst to upgrade their weapons (rewards/alerts aside) but please read the reason why it would be a useful addition.

As an example I will use the Latron. When u first start playing u eventually find yourself using the Latron with great success on lower tier enemies, so much so you invest in upgrading it perhaps with 3 forma + a catalyst and at the time it seems like a powerful weapon, not knowing what is available later or what will happen to your weapon as armor scaling increases.

Later you have advanced , using dojo/armor ignoring weapons, and that’s fine as they require so much resources and mastery it seems logical why would u use the Latron at this point. One problem – u also now have a Latron Prime which is the same weapon in philosophy of use and there is absolutely no reason for you to ever use your base Latron again.

The modified Latron simply sits in your inventory, you dare not sell it as you know it’s a waste of your catalyst/forma investement but you also have no reason to use it save for novelty sake.

When u first started playing a lot of mechanics weren’t explained or shown in the UI and although the mystery was somewhat enjoyable you could have made better informed decisions with your modification plan otherwise.

However if u could redeem your modifications at a high cost, then u would buy new weapons with platinum knowing you would then reinvest them into something more useful as your current play level and would buy more weapons with platinum. This would maintain more momentum for the average players experience and progression.

I apologize for a long post and hope it was concise to the point of – the intention is only to allow more versatility with modification and give players some options in regards to lower level weapons when they have advanced in the game so they can reinvest in newer content but at a significant cost. I believe if properly implemented it will not impede on DE's plat revenue and rather encourage growth.

Please share if you support a similar feature or if you think this logic is flawed. I post in weapon feedback as it directly relates to weapon usage, if this is wrong feel free to move it to an appropriate section. Thanks for reading !

Edited by HAYABU5A

....trust me when i said : "if we do this.... the potatoes after 1 month will be just another recourse alert" (it's mean the potatoes will loose it's valuable ALOT)

i agree.. i hope u read my post instead of just the title ?

i propose their be some significant cost to this process so its not a decision to be taken lightly or easily to negate the effect of potatoes losing their value 

Edited by HAYABU5A

....trust me when i said : "if we do this.... the potatoes after 1 month will be just another recourse alert" (it's mean the potatoes will loose it's valuable ALOT)

yeah, but their value will not be lost if u have the privilege to build one at a month or one at a week, maybe two weeks

yeah, but their value will not be lost if u have the privilege to build one at a month or one at a week, maybe two weeks

a very good idea sir! a built in time restraint, actually i think once a month is very fair and makes it even harder to abuse