Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas For Module Trading

Kamoenix

Hey guys,

Just putting some ideas on how to do the trading of modules in the community.

First idea is a trading post similar in guild wars 2, where no-one interacts with one another, there is no WTS / WTB "Blah" in chat and its all done by a central auction house of such. With this there will be a separate tab that you can sell your mods in.

How this will work - (all numbers are just for example sake just take them with a pinch of salt)

Firstly you enter the tab and choose from your mods that are not currently attached to a weapon / frame to be sold. You then indicate the price that you would like to sell it at, for example a fully levelled serration mod for 75 platinum, you check and confirm your sale and place it on the market. Where it sits and waits. The market would use a First In First Out mechanism based on the cheapest price.

For example 3 people put the same card on the market. Seller A places it on first for 80 plat, seller B places the same mod on for 75 plat finally seller C places the mod on the market for 80 plat.  Seller B's card would be sold first as it the cheapest then it would be seller A then C as they are the same price though seller A listed the item first.

As well using this method DE would not take a cut from the players and would be a straight transfer between the seller and buyer.

If DE would like then they could set the price of each and every mod themselves and leave the community out of the price and just exchange the plat and the mod.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second idea

This involves the use of a clan to transfer mods with no monetary value though but would involve the use of the higher ranks in a guild to authorise the transfer.

This will work with a guild vault in the dojo, a player jumps in to the dojo goes to the vault (which will have to be built) then the clan members place cards that they don't want into the vault. Other clan members then go to the vault and request a certain mod from the pool. For the trade to go through a member of a certain rank will have to authorise the trade to be able to get the mod. The mod will the either be transfer directly to the player or a message through the clan tab will inform the player to go the the vault and pick up the mod from the dojo.

This added precaution would stop certain players from taking all the mods. The permission for the different ranks  could be set by the warlord like other aspects in the dojo.

Hope you enjoyed the read and please feel free to post comments and ideas how this could be improved or augmented.

Not sure if idea 1. I think it would be better to show all offers at once, at least prices will be competitive then. Having DE set prices is not a good idea in my eyes, as a maxed Serration is worth quite a lot considering how hard is to max out (unless your one of those lucky SOBs that got all those fusion cores from the mod system change).

Idea 2 is great, but I think clan leaders need more tools for it to work. Mainly some sort of clan history, to prevent players clan hoping just to get the mods they want. Also a way to tell if a player is simply leeching mods and not contributing any themselves, though how the vault is run is entirely up to the warlord.

Not sure if idea 1. I think it would be better to show all offers at once, at least prices will be competitive then. Having DE set prices is not a good idea in my eyes, as a maxed Serration is worth quite a lot considering how hard is to max out (unless your one of those lucky SOBs that got all those fusion cores from the mod system change).

Yeah I can understand your point there, a bit of competition in the market never hurts, though with the original idea you'll be able to see all the previous mods that have been posted to be able to gauge how you want to sell it, though it could be reworked a little so the prices can be alot more competitive.

Idea 2 is great, but I think clan leaders need more tools for it to work. Mainly some sort of clan history, to prevent players clan hoping just to get the mods they want.

Yeah certainly a history should certainly be included, I also think it should be visible for the entire clan to see, so you know where / who your mods are going too. That might make it a little more fair and people a little cautious when requesting mods from the vault.

Also a way to tell if a player is simply leeching mods and not contributing any themselves,

On the other point of having members clan hop to get the mods that they want, there is nothing you can really do to that. Keeping logs for one clan is okay and manageable but having logs for each individual player will take a lot of space very quickly, I doubt.

though how the vault is run is entirely up to the warlord.

Though like you said each warlord will run the clan as he sees fit. I can imagine most warlords won't allow cards to be given out to new members for either a set time period or until they reach a certain rank.