The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seperate Operator & Warframe Controls

Panzerkatzee

Hello fellow Tenno!

Since finishing TWW about half a year ago, it has bugged me immensely, that your Warframe controls are also the controls used in Operator mode. I recently started running Tridolon on a regular basis an my tiny hands and my poor left little finger are begging me to start playing Trin again, so I don't have to run around in Voidemode all the time for stacking up my VS. I considered switching up my controls when nighttime nears, to place the crouch button on my mouse. But since I am extra my 1 & 2 ability are on my two additional mouse buttons. And on top it would be weird when going back into my frame and trying to maneuver. In my head a different set of controls for our sweet little space child would solve that. Especially, since the abilities are completely absent from operator mode.

But the reason I posted this here, was to let my opinion and maybe yours as well, be discussed before I go into the Feedback section wrinting a "DE pLz cHaNgE tHiZ >///<" post.

What do you think seperate controls yay or nay? Was this maybe already addressed and deemed impossible?

Either way I hope you have a nice night~

The problem with separate controls is that it makes it harder to transition between them, as well as making it harder to make compatible controller layouts. Jump is jump, crouch is crouch, sprint is sprint, attack is attack. You don't need to figure out how to control your operator, it just flows on with the rest of the game.

If you're struggling to hold down crouch for VS stacking, just press V. It's the crouch toggle button, and just acts like pressing crouch, but until your void energy runs out. Then, when your energy rebuilds, you just press it again.

4 minutes ago, Xarteros said:

The problem with separate controls is that it makes it harder to transition between them, as well as making it harder to make compatible controller layouts. Jump is jump, crouch is crouch, sprint is sprint, attack is attack. You don't need to figure out how to control your operator, it just flows on with the rest of the game.

I'm not saying to change it per se, but that the option would be neat.

4 minutes ago, Xarteros said:

If you're struggling to hold down crouch for VS stacking, just press V. It's the crouch toggle button, and just acts like pressing crouch, but until your void energy runs out. Then, when your energy rebuilds, you just press it again.

But thank you Sir for this kind advice, I actually wasn't aware of the possibility to toggle crouch, which will surely ease my stress in the next runs 🙂

Edited by MissMoomin

I don't mind it as long as there is a way to just press a button and it copies all of your Warframe's controls to your operator's, but till that happens ( if it even happens ) I suggest you adopt the toggle crouch and toggle sprint options, they're extremely helpful once you get your muscle memory around them.