Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orb Weapon

matto

Hi guys,

I have a weapon idea that would looks like Viola's orb in Soul Calibur 5.

However, this orb would be trapped into a glass sphere.

This idea came when I was thinking about warframes like Volt, Ember or Nova who uses pure energy skills. So the sphere could have many skins. A special skin for Ember with an orb of fire, a supernova-like orb for Nova, an electric one for Volt (like the electric balls we can buy for decoration).

The basic skin would be just an orb with the possibility to change the color in the weapon section and the special skins would be affordable only for players with energy/element-based warframes. For something like 20 platinium.

The orb would rotate around the warframe on an equatorial pattern, around the waist. The charge would launch the ball ahead, something like Glaive. So it would be a melee and throwable weapon.

I also thought about it being triggerable. Once launched, by pushing the trigger, the orb would liberate energy and kill mobs around. However, this means the add of a new game function, and would be a problem with the glass sphere idea.

Viola's moves on Soul Calibur 5 :

Skins for the orb :

Fire : http://www.hypernovadesign.com/images/final_fire_orb.jpg

Supernova : http://www.jmmasuy.net/images/mort_etoiles/supernova_cassiopee_flamsteed.jpg

Electricity : http://ih3.redbubble.net/image.9616602.6117/flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

It could also be trapped into a glass sphere with wrought iron, especially for the Ember's skin, and something that would make it looks like her backdraft helmet.

And it would add a more feminine touch as a weapon for feminine warframe such as Nova and Ember.

Edited by matto

Too much magic involved. It looks cool, but this ain't no magic ninja game.

EDIT: i just realized how stupid this sounded after thinking about their powers... >.<

BUT, there is one "but": we have powers from our frames, BUT no weapon yet realeased has "power".

It is indeed a cool idea, i just don't see it fit into "Warframe".

Edited by Symbiont71

This ain't magic if you consider a few things. First, orbs and elements manipulation are already present in the game. Then, this is not a simple orb as it is trapped in a sphere. This is just an extension of elements manipulation, or energy manipulation. That's also why I thought this sphere could he reinforced by wrought iron. Also, with this energy manipulation abilites and the simple ability of using gravity, making a ball spin around your frame doesn't sound too much. This is a way to add a more aesthetic concept of a weapon, and also skins based on the frames. Using a ball is also present in gymnastics anyway :x

Edited by matto

This ain't magic if you consider a few things. First, orbs and elements manipulation are already present in the game. Then, this is not a simple orb as it is trapped in a sphere. This is just an extension of elements manipulation, or energy manipulation. That's also why I thought this sphere could he reinforced by wrought iron. Also, with this energy manipulation abilites and the simple ability of using gravity, making a ball spin around your frame doesn't sound too much. This is a way to add a more aesthetic concept of a weapon, and also skins based on the frames. Using a ball is also present in gymnastics anyway :x

I'm not saying you're wrong or something. All i'm saying is that they tend to do weapons like we know them and keep the energy use for the warframe itself. This is how they balance it.

This orb weapon doesn't really fit into the pattern they're using for the currently released weapons.

But it could be a good idea for a new warframe.