Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

THE War Within (Golden Maw Encounter)

(XBOX)CH53DRIVER

Hello everyone,

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, but something seems terribly wrong with the mechanics of the War Within quest when you have to face the Golden Maw.

I’ve been stuck at the last stage for an hour now and finally got so frustrated I turned my console off because you can’t even exit the mission? What’s more frustrating is that I can’t even access the rest of the game anymore until I complete this stage of the quest? (Yes I know there was a disclaimer when accessing this stage of the quest)

This seems like terrible game design and while I appreciate DE for trying to vary gameplay mechanics, I just want to play the game and not get stuck in some never ending loop of frustration. 

I’m stunning the Maw exactly like the prompt is saying, but when I press RB/LB to initiate transference, nothing happens and then I get eaten which sends me back into the loading screen and then back to the same encounter which just then repeats itself. I’ve tried various combos thinking I was doing the sequence wrong, but nothing changes?

So frustrated right now and I feel like I’ve just wasted over an hour of my life and I can’t even access the rest of the game now. Now I’m going to have to start this mission all over again from the beginning and to be honest, this whole section has been buggy IMO because I press buttons like I’m supposed to do and either my character doesn’t do what they should do or they do something I wasn’t expecting resulting in me getting eaten and then having to restart that section over and over and over...

So I guess at this point I just won’t be able to play the game because I’m so frustrated that I don’t even want to attempt this stage of the quest anymore and I just spent $20 on the latest prestige collection. 

What am I doing wrong? I am pressing RB/LB and no transference happens??? (After I stun the Maw)

On ps4 you press the touchpad button to do transference. Just press whatever the equivalent of that is on the xbox controller and it should work. Also try aiming at the maw while you do it.. idk if that makes a difference or not.

Oh, found this on the Quests wiki page under bugs:

If your Tenno dies between 5 to 9 times during the Labyrinth section of this quest, there is a chance your energy display will disappear.

• This bug sometimes will not allow you to use tranferense to take control of the Golden Maw’s burrow ability, making this quest impossible to complete. Restarting the game will fix both of these bugs.
Edited by (PS4)Yetchii

Thanks, on the XBox it says to press the RB/LB to initiate transference (these are also the same buttons used in the rest of the game for transference) so I know I’m doing that part right. I didn’t know about the bug, so I’ll check it out to see if that was my problem (I did die quite a few times in the labrynth section, but again, that was due to pushing the correct buttons and then my character not doing what they were supposed to do). Hence, my frustration.