Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Moon ?

matto

Hi guys,

I saw a lot of threads asking for a new planetary system. But, as I don't think the solar system is complete at the moment, I would like to share some places that are not present in the current system of Warframe. And I'll start with the Moon.

We got Phobos from Mars, this was a really great idea, and I like the environment. I also appreciate the fact that DE chose to show Phobos as a kind of hollow satellite, with cavities. This is a theory in ufology that is consistent with Warframe universe.

The satellite I am waiting for is obviously our Moon. There is this theory that the unknown, unrevealed to earth face of our satellite would be a place of ancient civilization, or Alien army or... whatever. But I think this idea should also be used for Warframe universe. I see some options for this sattelite :

First, a Corpus front base. As we know, Earth is the place of the Grineer faction. In a war to colonize new worlds, the Moon could have been a front base for the Corpus to engage conflict in Earth. It could be a Corpus settlement, in a possible conflict Grineer-Corpus over territories. The Corpus would be hid on the unrevealed face of the moon, in small settlements located in huge craters.

Second : As we know, both Corpus and Grineers are from Old Earth. So Earth could be a purpose for the Corpus faction, leading to a war between Corpus and Grineer. The Moon could be a place for this war also, with Corpus and Grineer fighting each others, and us, Tenno, having infiltrated missions (as spy) and sabotage that would have consequences on this conflict. That could be a good event too for DE too for a couple weeks.

In the first and second case, I'd like to see missions in an environment that would look like an actual lunar ground, with a black sky, going in craters and everything.

Third : a Grineer controlled satellite. But I don't like this idea, since we got Phobos. However, what about ancient human dome cities controlled by Grineers on the surface of the Moon ? (I've watched Dome too much lately maybe). The Human race would had built colonies on the surface of the Moon, placed under domes that provided gravity and fresh air, as long as a protection against Grineers' assaults. But the Grineer found a way to enter those domes and destroy those colonies, taking prisonners that we would have to rescue in post-apocalyptic-under-dome human cities controlled by Grineers.

Personally, I just want to see a vast open empty luna-o-sphere, a tileset made up of nothing but empty valleys, craters, and plains. Maybe with one or two crash sites to grab resources. 

as11-40-5851.jpg

And an entirely new enemy type - similar to the sandskates, but more akin to those moving rocks from that Apollo 13 film. Imagine, you and your fellow tenno land on a silver empty wasteland, with the crushing silence of no atmosphere. You walk around a bit wondering what's up, and it's only when you look closely that you notice that the rocks are moving whenever you don't look at them. Then, as reaslisation slowly creeps up your spine, you try and desperatley dash for the escape pod on the horizon, not daring to look back at the hoard of alien rock-creatures skittering after you. 

I dunno, maybe its just me, but that'd be neat. ^_^

Third : a Grineer controlled satellite. But I don't like this idea, since we got Phobos. However, what about ancient human dome cities controlled by Grineers on the surface of the Moon ? (I've watched Dome too much lately maybe). The Human race would had built colonies on the surface of the Moon, placed under domes that provided gravity and fresh air, as long as a protection against Grineers' assaults. But the Grineer found a way to enter those domes and destroy those colonies, taking prisonners that we would have to rescue in post-apocalyptic-under-dome human cities controlled by Grineers.

actual "ancient" human-earth-like cities (like what NYC would be like in a few hundred years of no human inhabitants)

i like this.

I'd like to have empty wastelands like that too ! But as a first approach to the moon, leading to Corpus or Grineer settlements.

But I agree with you 11.11.11, Moon needs a peculiar, more realistic approach.

BlackLotus : who doesn't like post-apocalyptic environments ? :D

Edited by matto

I'd like to have empty wastelands like that too ! But as a first approach to the moon, leading to Corpus or Grineer settlements.

But I agree with you 11.11.11, Moon needs a peculiar, more realistic approach.

BlackLotus : who doesn't like post-apocalyptic environments ? :D

Phobos shows us that they're capable of making big open spaces that fit together in a realistic manner, so I have high hopes that they'd be able to achieve a nice big open space. And it would be nice to have a tileset more focused on exploration, and the ambient impact of the map itself, rather than just relying on filling it with a bunch of enemies. We have so many beautiful atmospheric environments that go unnoticed already because of the hurly burly of combat. 

It'd be nice to have a tileset that just took a step back and tried to more subtly influence the player. Haunt or scare them rather than just overload our senses with LOOK A HEAVY GUNNER SHOOT IT! NOW A TON OF SOLDIERS! DUCK! EXPLOSIONS! 

Something more: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/81375-next-tileset-theme-you-would-like-to-see/?p=995535

Bonus points if there's old human landers / rovers and stuff we can discover. Maybe even the Apollo lower struts? :D 

LOOK A HEAVY GUNNER SHOOT IT! NOW A TON OF SOLDIERS! DUCK! EXPLOSIONS! 

-WE GOT COWS!

-i think that's the same cow

Bonus points if there's old human landers / rovers and stuff we can discover. Maybe even the Apollo lower struts? :D

-uhh houston, i think i fount Lt. Dan's legs.. :D

LOL sorry, ADD at work :P

Edited by BIackLotus