Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need advice with Amprex Build for this Riven

Godlyman

Please don't use VA. Thanks to the way stuff scales you are losing damage. Use Heavy Cal instead of VA. The chance of the rare red crit is really not worth it as a red crit is only 50% more damage than an orange crit while heavy cal will give you a permanent 60%++ damage boost for all shots compared to an empty slot, while VA is only giving ~ 22% more damage compared to if the slot was empty.

Unless, of course, you plan to exclusively use Amprex with Chroma.

25 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Please don't use VA. Thanks to the way stuff scales you are losing damage. Use Heavy Cal instead of VA. The chance of the rare red crit is really not worth it as a red crit is only 50% more damage than an orange crit while heavy cal will give you a permanent 60%++ damage boost for all shots compared to an empty slot, while VA is only giving ~ 22% more damage compared to if the slot was empty.

I have another build with Heavy Cal + Hammer Shot instead of VA. It is not bad.

Between these 3 builds they perform very close to each other.

Just now, Godlyman said:

I have another build with Heavy Cal + Hammer Shot instead of VA. It is not bad.

Between these 3 builds they perform very close to each other.

I mean if it works no reason to fix it XD. But with a multishot riven VA is really like ... wasted.

1 hour ago, Datam4ss said:

Even though the raw DPS difference is obviously in favour of HC, the better multishot value from VA increases its armor shredding capabilities making it arguably better. Stacking any other stat would have those "diminishing returns" on every next mod you add, but multishot's synergy with corrosive can surpass that raw DPS difference in 1-2 extra corrosive procs.

Edited by Starcanum

2 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

I mean if it works no reason to fix it XD. But with a multishot riven VA is really like ... wasted.

Well multishot can stag above 100% right? and cause Tripleshot instead of just double. So VA should not be that bad. And in theory it should increase status chance as well, although I'm not sure how it act with beam weapon such as Amprex. But the result is very close.

Just now, Godlyman said:

Well multishot can stag above 100% right? and cause Tripleshot instead of just double. So VA should not be that bad. And in theory it should increase status chance as well, although I'm not sure how it act with beam weapon such as Amprex. But the result is very close.

Yes, it can. With your current riven you have about 67% of getting a third shot. With VA you will always get a third shot with a chance of getting a 4th.

However, this is the same argument as Multishot vs Damage for a slash weapon - do you want to get more damage per proc, or more procs? It boils down to personal pref, although once all variables are taken into account, the whole affair becomes sketchy. Also, it fails to take into account what WF you are using.

For example in a C4P squad HC will obviously be better. HC is also better vs Infested and Corpus Or with an armor stripping Ash/Banshee/Whatever armor strip frame, you don't care about corrosive procs. With a Chroma VA is undoubtedly better.

Personally I just go with a 3rd elemental even though it dilutes my corrosive. I should change it to HC but I am lazy to forma (I have a riven like yours, but without the neg and the PT)

10 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

Yes, it can. With your current riven you have about 67% of getting a third shot. With VA you will always get a third shot with a chance of getting a 4th.

However, this is the same argument as Multishot vs Damage for a slash weapon - do you want to get more damage per proc, or more procs? It boils down to personal pref, although once all variables are taken into account, the whole affair becomes sketchy. Also, it fails to take into account what WF you are using.

For example in a C4P squad HC will obviously be better. HC is also better vs Infested and Corpus Or with an armor stripping Ash/Banshee/Whatever armor strip frame, you don't care about corrosive procs. With a Chroma VA is undoubtedly better.

Personally I just go with a 3rd elemental even though it dilutes my corrosive. I should change it to HC but I am lazy to forma (I have a riven like yours, but without the neg and the PT)

That is why, we need multiple builds it is hard to make a build that best for all situation. There is always pro/con or trade off, which makes the game fun. 😄

A quick update after a few days of using all 3 builds. 

Even though all 3 builds' performance against LV 125 bombard are about the same.

When I start using them in the real life condition I found that the HS+VA build seems to be noticeably weaker especially at high level like sortie.

I assumed that because the much lower base damage. But the other 2 builds still perform very much the same. 

Edited by Godlyman